Tramadol

lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 22. Dec 2010, 04:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Been to doctors today and i have been given tramadol (well i haven't yet chemist has run out so pick up tomorrow). I have stomach problems so i am not starting to work my way through various tablets until i find one my stomach can cope with???
He said if this one does not work there are several others he can try. Just get the feeling that he is trying the cheapest option first...might be wrong. Just going to take at night to see whether i can get a good nights sleep. He said try one first if that does not work then take two. God i so hope that my stomach can take them as my hip is driving me mad at the moment. Even been going through the cupboard seeing what i have. I have found some naproxen which i was given earlier this year but cannot remember why or why i have some still left?? tempted to take......i will see how much more i can take today...

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Tramadol is a morphine-based pain duller, I have 50mg ones and slow-release 100mg ones. The latter don't knock me out anywhere near as much as the 50mg. If I take a 50mg I still wake up with pain - they take me away from it, rather than taking it away from me. Naproxen, being an anti-inflammatory, may well upset your stomach, so be careful with that one. I am fortunate in that my guts appear to handle everything that is chucked at them - so far. I wish you a better night. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Yes I hope they work for you....we are all different {like we keep saying} They do space me out a bit but never tried the slow release ones. Diclofenic slow release seems to work reasonabley well for me and I take a stomach liner....Omaprazole {I think LOL} I've run out of them...picking them up tomorrow.....thats roughly the name.
    Like I say....hope it works for you
    Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi Lupes, best of luck on the Tramadols, hope they work out for you, I've been on them a couple of months now at 2 x 50mg four times a day, not had any ill effects so far... Not even drowsiness but I think that is because before these I was on a lot of dihydrocodiene each day for many years. They're mostly keepin the bad pain at bay (not that there is any good pain, well, unless you're that way inclined :o:lol: ) but I do take diclofenac and full dose of paracetamol each day too..

Best wishes
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    Decided to take another med (a couple glasses of red wine). Decided not to take anything and wait for tablets tomorrow. I have never had them so fingers crossed. My hubby had a really bad reaction with them when he was given them years ago. He never slept and could not sit still. I am off to try to sleep now..taken herbal stuff to help me get to sleep.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    lupin15 wrote:
    Decided to take another med (a couple glasses of red wine). Decided not to take anything and wait for tablets tomorrow. I have never had them so fingers crossed. My hubby had a really bad reaction with them when he was given them years ago. He never slept and could not sit still. I am off to try to sleep now..taken herbal stuff to help me get to sleep.

goodnight hun, hope you sleep well... :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    Well taken first tablet last night. It is a mix of tramadol and paracetamol mix. Did help with pain but not a good nights sleep woke up every hour so now really washed out. Could just be that i have had a bed nights sleep so will try again tonight. Will try two tablets tonight as the doctor said start with one and see how you go. I am trying to just take at night to get a good nights sleep. So far stomach seems OK.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    morning lupin
    Glad the tablet gave you a bit of relief and that your tummy is behaving this morning. Sorry about the sleep though.
    Good luck with taking two hope it helps with the sleep too.
    Take care
    Keep warm
    Juliepf xx