Round 1 over

Options
joann1
joann1 Member Posts: 263
edited 21. Dec 2010, 16:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hiya :))

Last time i spoke to you all i had, had my operation cancelled 3 times at very short notice which was such a pain, what can i say im sitting here now and ive been in and had my first op, they rang me last thursday and said they needed me in on the friday so ive had Eua, arthroscopy & biopsy of cartledge taken & in 6 weeks i have the 2nd operation to re-inplant the cartledge cells, Mr O'Brien did explain everything about the 2nd op to me on the friday morning just before i went in but to be honest i was that nervous about the whole thing the only thing that i remember and stuck in my head was opening the knee cap, i remember thinking why on earth did he have to tell me that now, ive had my dressing reduced today so i can move my knee a bit better now even though it resembles an elephants leg at the min, got bruises from my thigh to my ankles as my hip clicked out of place and would not go back in and that was before the op had even started, im a pain even when im knocked out.

Hope all of you are managing to stay pain free and are not to affected by this horrible weather

Jo-Ann
x x
Jo-Ann

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joann, sounds like you're having all the fun :o:grin:
    Basic arthroscopies can be painful afterwards so I'm not surprised you're in pain.. Hope everything goes well for ya :))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joann1
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Hi Joann, sounds like you're having all the fun :o:grin:
    Basic arthroscopies can be painful afterwards so I'm not surprised you're in pain.. Hope everything goes well for ya :))

Think this is my 3rd or 4th one now, in consultants words he had a good route around to find out exactly what waas happening, guess il just keep taking the pain killers
    Jo-Ann
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I had my last one about four years ago, think I need both knees doing again though, having said that, the steroid injections I had recently have helped with the 'grinding' sensation etc.. Left one did give way on me the other night though, that was nice :x :roll:
    I have had (I think) about 5 on the left knee and 2 on the right knee... Most of them when I was a teenager and had osteochondris desicans.. Maybe, thinking about it, you DON'T get all the fun after all hun..? Lol

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Jo-Ann

I'm glad to hear that you have had your first op now after all the cancellations. Good luck with the second part, and I hope it is a success for you.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS from Joan x:)
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Jo-ann

very well done to you!

you have been very brave considering what he said :shock: think I might have legged it!

The swelling will go - it takes time, but it will go and when it does you will be feeling way better I hope.

LOve

toni xx :))
  • joann1
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    I had my last one about four years ago, think I need both knees doing again though, having said that, the steroid injections I had recently have helped with the 'grinding' sensation etc.. Left one did give way on me the other night though, that was nice :x :roll:
    I have had (I think) about 5 on the left knee and 2 on the right knee... Most of them when I was a teenager and had osteochondris desicans.. Maybe, thinking about it, you DON'T get all the fun after all hun..? Lol

Haha il let you win that one, wish i still felt like a teenager, as consultant said bones of an 82yr old (thanks), xray result said today only mild arthritis in right hip so guess thats something to be thankful for, im hoping they leave my left knee alone until i at least get some easing of my right one but we will see what consultant has got to say, hope ur managing ok, and your knee hasnt gave way again
    :evil
    Jo-Ann
  • joann1
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Jo-Ann

I'm glad to hear that you have had your first op now after all the cancellations. Good luck with the second part, and I hope it is a success for you.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS from Joan x:)

Thankyou Joan
    just glad the 1st one is all over with now, got a nice holiday to look forward to (if we get there) before next one and then we will see what recovery i have and if it works, so fingers crossed
    x x
    Jo-Ann
  • joann1
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Jo-ann

very well done to you!

you have been very brave considering what he said :shock: think I might have legged it!

The swelling will go - it takes time, but it will go and when it does you will be feeling way better I hope.

LOve

toni xx :))

Hiya Toni

it funny but i keep remembering little things what the consultant came out with, think im driving my better half up the wall haha, recovery was going really well until i had to go into work to hand my sick note in today the deputy manager was already asking if i would be back before it ran out & how long i would be off after my 2nd op, baring in mind i only had my op on friday and havent had my follow up with the consultant yet for him to give me info when im fully taking notice, im going back in a few weeks quicker than what the consultant advised :evil ohhh they make me want to bloody scream!!!!!!!1 :shock:
    Jo-Ann
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi Joann, hope you're ok tonight? My blooming knees haven't stopped hurting since the other night. Mainly my own fault though, overdoing it a tad :?
    Keep us up to date with everything..
    Be well

joann1 wrote:
    tjt6768 wrote:

Haha il let you win that one, wish i still felt like a teenager, as consultant said bones of an 82yr old (thanks), xray result said today only mild arthritis in right hip so guess thats something to be thankful for, im hoping they leave my left knee alone until i at least get some easing of my right one but we will see what consultant has got to say, hope ur managing ok, and your knee hasnt gave way again
    :evil
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Jo-ann
    I am so glad you have got this one over with, the cancellations must have been awful.
    You ignore them at work, and look after yourself, get some rest while you can.
    And Good Luck with next one, things are definitely moving on for you.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • joann1
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Jo-ann
    I am so glad you have got this one over with, the cancellations must have been awful.
    You ignore them at work, and look after yourself, get some rest while you can.
    And Good Luck with next one, things are definitely moving on for you.
    Love
    Barbara xx

Thank you Barbara

just hope that i have not got as many cancellations with the next op, but deal with that when it happens, at the min 1st one done and thats enough, work will be there when im fit and able even if i have got to put up with alot of crap from them, anyway it nearly xmas im not going to let them spoil mine x x
    Jo-Ann