driving lesson cancelled

Options
mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 21. Dec 2010, 11:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
x:( x:( x:( x:( x:( I got a call from the driving instructor saying that he would have to cancell the lesson for tomorrow and start in the new year unless the snow stays with us (which looks very much like it ) I used to love the snow but getting fed up with it now hazel had to miss her appointment as the helth centre was closed as the staff could not get in. each day I have to clear the driveway as the taxi cant get up to are door unless I do but the very next day its worse as ever.

take care all
Mike R & hazel & MIke JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Looks pretty Mike but it's a pain eh? It is great driving and being so independant but then there's all the rubbish stuff that comes with it, like defrosting the car when it's minus 8 outside and there is ice on the inside of the windscreen! lol

Roll on summer I say...

Keep up the practicing though, even if it is just sitting in the drive.. Best of luck

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suziekettles
    suziekettles Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Apologies if this comes up twice, it disapeared!
    My son had his driving test cancelled because of the bad weather, the roads here are awful, we have heard a gritting lorry tonight though! He is now waiting till 20 Jan, frustrating thing is, the day of his test, the weather wasn't especially bad.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    It's a shame about your driving lesson, Mike. I hope that the snow will disappear after Christmas so that you can start again.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you. Hazel and Mike JR

Joan x:)
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It will soon be the New Year Mike, it turns up quickly every year. Eat your Christmas lunch in the car, pretend you are having a picnic! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Oh Mike

You must be so disappointed x:(

Having said that i think you had half-expected it too hadn't you?

the thaw will come eventually I'm sure.

At least you have the car and a lovely family and the prospect of a great Christmas and even better new year :))

Love and hugs

toni xx
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Options
    thank you all , you have made me smile , which is hard as the ice has frozen my jaw,, I had an idea the instructor would cancel but just thought he would have done it sooner rather than the last minute, after all if I dont let him know that I want to cancel inside 24hrs , it is £15.00 cant wait to start though :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    mike R & Hazel & Mike JR :)) :)) :)) :))
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    He was probably waiting to see what the weather would do (which was sensible) and yes, us self-employed people do need to have some form of cancellation cover otherwise we can be truly mucked about: I know, I was, hence mine. I am not as bossy as I sound on my terms and conditions when it comes to illness etc but it does help some to toe the line. The number of times I have sat like a lemon waiting for someone to turn up only to find out they are late-night Christmas shopping, or somesuch nonsense. You do that to me and you pay! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Mike
    Sorry about the driving lessons I am sure that it was disappointing for you. I went out in my car yesterday and I hated it. I am so scared of ice. (wimp i know)
    Been out on scooter today though, that was fun , but cold. (not scared on that)
    Take care
    juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Mike

watch you jaw and try to relax you face muscles if you can - jaw arthritis is BAD x:(

DD is right he was probably hoping against hope that the snow would thaw before your lesson. x:( and it didn't x:(

If you had skidded in the snow/ice it might have scared you a lot and put you off driving :shock:

Keep warm and practise your theory instead.

How is Mike jnr doing?

Love

toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,956
    Options
    Hi Mike Hazel and Mike jr.
    i'm sorry about your driving lesson but the new year will soon come and you will be out and about again.
    have a lovely christmas all of you.
    take care. joan xx :))
    take care
    joan xx