lack of comunication

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 22. Dec 2010, 06:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello everyone

i think i have to complain about my son,s school, :x :x :x on 2 ocasions although i told them so they know, they said they did not know about D dentist appointment even though i have phoned them and also reminded them via email direct to his teacher, they still cant seem to comunicate if anything they dont comunicate at all only if they want something, it seems as always one sided and enough is enough, :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x x:( x:( x:( i think this time i going to put it in writing, i had enough how can i do my job as a perent if i cant rely on them and trust them, well the trust has gone out of the window long ago, sorry for the rant but i do belive if you want things to change then i got to do something.

i hope this makes sence as i just simply had enough
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Gosh sylvia!

you sound at the end of your tether x:shock:

Parents and teachers need a good and mutually supportive relationship in the best interests of the child - in this case D x:(

I would do a draft letter and get K to look it over before you send it eh?

Love

toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    thanks toni

as its getting close to christmas i going to let it lie now till new year as D breaks up tomorrow and then in new year i going to get an appointment at the C A B and get there help with the letter, and as they say surprise is the best form of attack and thats what i going to do,
    D worth all the hassle he cant do it but i sure as hell can, and i going enjoy it too :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) his teacher once said the first time i met her " if your not happy get me into trouble " :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The communication between school and home can get a little hit-and-miss from time to time, 'tis true, and some schools can be quite complacent about such matters. You take 'em to task only49, I hope your letter (when done) yields an apology. A happy Christmas to all you of. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Yes, i agree with other peep, wait while after xmas as theyre probably too busy to give you proper reply.
    Then write to the head. I would also as you have done send an email about appointment, send letter to teacher and on the day send a reminder email and ask for them to confirm they got your emails. Have you spoken to other parents, parent governor etc?
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,

I do write a note when Daniel has the dentist. I also telephone to make sure they have got the message.

Thankyou for your lovely message Sylvia. My fb messaging seems to have gone mad at the moment. I am losing messages and often cannot reply! So I am thanking you on here.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Hi
    It is such a pain when you have problems communicating with a school.Personally i would send emails or write a note and hand it into the office for the attention of the class teacher and tell the office manager (you can do this by phone or to her face). The trouble with emails they are better because you can track them but it all depends on the office managers skills. It is awful that they are denying receiving the information and i would put a complaint in asking them, in which manner the school needs to be informed of appointments for your child. Once they have replied in writing you then can follow their procedure.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    What you can do is request a 'Read Receipt', which will tell you when or if the email was read.

This is set up by you in your email program; as there are many differing ones I won't guess, but look in the menus at the top or in Options when you are writing it. Find 'Request Read Receipt' and click on it. This will automatically send you a return email saying that yours has been opened and read. Then there is no excuse for saying they have not read or received the one that you sent.

Joseph x8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • only49
    Options
    thanks everyone, feeling better today, going to enjoy christmas and sort it all out in the new year, i am not about to let them off with it, any emails i keep in a folder so i got a record of them a tip i picked from someone who works in trading standards.

i understand that sometimes they are busy with the kids and i would not not expect any less, but i will not put up with lack of comunication and bad manners as i had that too, as i have had emails from said teacher and some of it was in capitals and i know that its looked on as shouting and i wont have it, no excuse.

i going to look into a programe that will work with my email as it yahoo and that lets me know when the email been read.
    thanks for that Joseph