Grippers fittted: I'm good to go

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 24. Dec 2010, 09:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Right, I have fitted the lethal-looking grips to my crutches (put new ferrules on too, I know how to enjoy myself!) adn I am very pleased with the results. I feel more comfortable on either wing now, they don't skid anywhere near as easily and I was able to relax my legs a little - prior to the advent of these things I was so tense when walking - well, why am I telling you lot that? You all know! I would recommend them to anyone, PM me if you would like the details of who supplied mine and I must give a A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO SPEEDALONG - what a lovely friend you were to tell me about such matters, I had no idea anything like that existed.

DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Woo-woooooo

Look at you DD

you'll be doing the icy-can-can next!!

Glad they are so good and you feel so much safer :grin:

Love

toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Afternoon DD
    What great news that something actually works. I am glad that the grippers give you confidence in the snow and ice. It is brilliant when you purchase something and can recommend it to others, because so many times we buy stuff that looks good but is thrown in a drawer.
    You still take care though.
    Do they do em for my scooter tyres x:lol: Should av seen me this morning speeding through the snow it was great. Came back frozen daft x:lol: x:lol: but enjoyed it.
    Thinking of you
    Juliepf x x:)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You can get 'snow jackets' for ordinary tyres, why not scooter ones? I am glad you got out and enjoyed yourself - a blast of fresh air is often just the ticket. Off to work now - I am seeing a new 'victim'. (Cue 'baddie laugh') This'll be me: a070.gif - no, not really, I'll be nicer than that! DD
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    So please for you i have them on my shoes and the best £14.99 i have ever spent in my life. It has enabled me to go out and walk with my dog. Hooray for grippy things.. :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Lookout! Here she comes! There'll be no stopping you now DD!

Glad you are pleased with them.

Love Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I showed them to my meth nurse this morning - she promptly took one of my sticks away to show other people in the vicinity (some technical bods too) and I had to ring back with the details of the web site: the hospital want to get some leaflets or info about them to pass onto fellow stick-users. Said site is now shut until January 5th - is it just me or is that an odd way to run a business? You are selling something useful to people in a cold season and you shut. Weird. DD
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Is it a plane
    is it a bird
    no its its ,its
    thingy

colin

c025.gif
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Nice one DD, it definately is good to hear something actually works for a change... :))
    I don't even try to use my walking stick when it's icey, it's more of a hindrance if you know what I mean..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi DD they sound great.
    Can i just ask, how do you go on when you come out of snow/ice i.e shop floors etc with then on?

Just asking as i used my crutches today & was okish in the snow but it all stuck in me ferrals & i slipped when i came inside the house, wasnt too good in the snow either but i was clinging onto OH so i only had to use one today.

Not sure if i can change mine as i got them from mobility shop not NHS ones.
    debs
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning dd
    Hope the new pupil was ok and that hat really suits you :lol:
    You must have felt great when the nurse showed em off to other patients, knowing that your purchase can help them.
    Have a good day today
    Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning minky, I hope all is as well with you today as it can be. Right, the ice grippers retract, so when I go into a shop I just hold up my stick, squeeze the two little white blobs closer together and the grip flips back up the crutch - release the blobs and they are held there. I do feel a little bit like a warrior queen who has blades on her chariot - get the picture? :) Re getting snow out of my ferrules (oo-er missus!) I just knock my sticks together, wipe them well on whatever passes for a door mat in the entrance to the shop then concentrate like hell as I move along. So far, so good. DD
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hey DD - that is fab news! So glad they work. Amazing how the right gadgets make such a difference. Just wish someone would invent an attachment for wet surfaces.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hmmmmm, you got me thinking there speedy! A wodge of Spontex (or whatever its called) stuck on the base of each stick might do the trick! I hope you and S have a good Christmas. DD