Wonky heating update

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 23. Dec 2010, 17:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI Folks

can't find the old thread and am running (ha! not that likely eh!) to try and catch up with 1001 jobs that have been left.

heating finally fixed ( for now) so am trying to thaw out after not having had hot water or heating since Saturday.

with night time temps round here of -10 and below, and daytime temps of a heady -4 degrees, it is well likely that the pipe will freeze again :shock: so hubby has instructions on how he might be able to get it going. As Mr Wonky does for DIY what 'Widdy' did for ballroom dancing ( in our house DIY usually stands for 'destroy it yourself' where he's concerned!) that could be interesting :lol::lol::lol::lol: (I could do what's needed, but can't get into the loft to do it!)

off to soak my bones in :grin::grin: and try to catch up on what needs doing whilst trying not to overdo it - impossible task I think!

Added to that the computer is making ominous noises :shock: which might be because it has caught a cold too (it really has been icy indoors so am hoping that running it will thaw it out) so won't be on here as much. I don't have a laptop, and tHis room is like the north pole and the heater is elsewhere just now, so I'll be on when I can and please forgive any long silences.

hugs to you all and a happy christmas for those of you who celebrate

wonky xxxxx

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Wonky. So glad to know that the heating is fixed at last! What a relief!

Your comments about DIY did make me chuckle :grin:

Enjoy soaking your bones and hope that you, Mr Wonky (and the pc) don't suffer any lasting effects from the cold.

Love Tilly xxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    so pleased you have heat again Wonky hope it continues to work , enjoy your chill reliefing soak also wishing your pc well xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Wonky
    I am so glad you have got it sorted, we where all worried about you.
    Now keep warm and safe.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thanks wonky, you take care and keep warm now! I am glad it has all been sorted. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Thanks for letting us know that things are getting back to normal. It’s wonderful to have a hot bath to get the body temperature up.

Not so sure of the DIY solution though, :)) :))
    Lv, Ix
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi WOnky

Glad that things are sorted at home..

Marion x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Get yourself defrosted, glad it's fixed, lets hope it stays that way for ya...
    Be well :))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    So, the man from Del Monte has hidden talents! Not only can he choose the best fruit he can fix boilers - ask him about arthritis, you never know your luck! (If that sounds rambling to you it isn't - honest, it's related to your old thread!) I am glad to hear it's all fixed - we are warming up here in Suffolk, I think it's going up to +2 - time to dig out me sunscreen! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi wonky
    Glad your heating is sorted and I hope it lasts.
    MIL keeps ringing me every day for past 4 days saying the heating pipe is frozen up again. She calls the plumber and he just keeps thawing it out. my oh is at work so he cant help her through the day. She has now put a duvet round it out side to see if that helps. (no it hasn't had a phone call half hour ago)
    Blooming weather causing all sorts of problems.
    Take care and i hope you have a lovely christmas
    juliepf x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

So hope your nice and warm now and it doesn't do it again... every! The idea of being in these temps without heat is horrible and well get Mr Wonky up in that loft and direct him if need be :lol::lol: Bless him... tell him to mind the beams :wink:

Slipper boy said he would come up and lag it for you..... I wouldn't let him though....

Stay arm flower. being cold is just not good for the bones or constitution eh?! Leaving you slurps and ((( )))'s Cris xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Thanks for the update Wonky :))

keep warm and safe and keep My Wonky away from all DIY tasks if you can x:shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Wonky, so glad your heating is working again. Your post did make me chuckle. There is nothing that can prevent the pipe freezing, so that Mr Wonky's "talents" are not needed? Wrap it in bubble wrap perhaps???

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.