Day 2 of school hols

Options
angelgirl7
angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
edited 23. Dec 2010, 12:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well its day 2 of the school holidays and I just wanted to share what a pleasure it is having the children home. My daughter is 6 and has special needs, my son is 9. We have been having the most lovely time, chilling, chatting, making and doing, watching TV and playing in the snow. We have all even had afternoon naps (which we needed today as my daughter was up since 2am thanks to the full moon !!!)

AND I am finally getting in the festive mood x:rudolf

Hugs
Beckie X

Comments

• joann1
    joann1 Member Posts: 263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hiya

Sounds like you have been having lots of fun today with your 2 children, my poor little boy isnt to well at the moment think he coming down with tonsillitis (he wouldnt like me saying little boy) he's 10 haha, hope you continue to have a great xmas holiday with your family

:)) Jo-Ann
    x x x
    Jo-Ann
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi There,

Day 4 if you count the weekend. So far I have managed a lovely game of scrabble where my 7 year old daughter spelt choir as quirer but we didn't point out the spelling as showed a lot of initiative. And one word was ****!
    My son has special needs. He is angry because he went to the toilet just as Father Christmas came by on his sleigh and then ran naked down the stairs with all the neighbours filming F.C. and would have quite happily run out in to the snow in front of them all if we hadn't stopped him. It took a whole chocolate orange to make up for the disappointment.
    Still you wouldn't be without them. No way.
    E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Oh bless them! Thanks for this Becky :))

Elizabeth l can picture him so desperate to see Father Christmas! The little darling x:(

I love the spelling mistakes too x:lol:

Mine have gone down to devon to see their Father (and half-sisters) so long as they get back safe I don't care! I is lonely x:(

Jo-ann I hope yours picks up soon.

Love

toni xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Are they still away Toni? I hope they are back for Christmas. I do know how you feel lost and lonely but Like you said it is important to keep a good relationship for the children's sake and let them visit without fear of upsetting you.I found it hard too but it has paid off in the end.

Father Christmas came back down the road later on so my son was able to go to the door and wave this time. He was so happy.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

so very glad he saw Father Christmas in the endt7709.gif

My girls should have been back oday, but i have done the right thing and checked the weather and it is safer for them to travel tomorrow x:(

I miss them, but like you I know what is right and they have half sisters there too.

Thanks for those words of understanding x:D

LOve

toni xx
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Elizabeth

so very glad he saw Father Christmas in the endt7709.gif

My girls should have been back oday, but i have done the right thing and checked the weather and it is safer for them to travel tomorrow x:(

I miss them, but like you I know what is right and they have half sisters there too.

Thanks for those words of understanding x:D

LOve

toni xx

A friend of mine travelled down to Devon and says they have it alot worse than we do (South Glos) so they did the right thing waiting.

My son has been at my parents since yesterday afternoon, the house has been so quiet with just H here. Miss them when they are not about

We took them on the steam train to see Santa and they both loved it (and I did !!!)

Hugs
    Beckie X
  • frogmorton
    Options
    MY KID ARE HOMEm1211.gif

Christmas officially starts for me NOW e100.gif

Hope everyone elses are behaving.

Love

toni xx (and hugs to one good freind who is without hers too x:( )
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Beckie, Glad you had a lovely trip on the steam train meeting Santa. He is a busy chap!
    Joann I hope your son feels better now as not long until Christmas. He has to get better for the present opening.
    Toni so pleased your children are home with you. My girl has had to go now under orders to visit her dad for Christmas. So I have my youngest 3 and one is visiting after Christmas. I am sorry for your friend and had a few lonely ones myself.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein