Seems ages since I was here

Options
keira74
keira74 Member Posts: 32
edited 29. Dec 2010, 13:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Like many I've been snowed in for over 3 wks. Before the snow started I managed to meet my new neuro for my MS. As a result another MRI being done January 4th. The injections on my knee seem to be working although it is still giving way which it didn't do before the injection. Back at the hospital re: knee in February.
The weather has played havoc with the house. The radiator in the conservatory froze so much that it blew all the connectors and dumped all the water from the system in the conservatory. Got that sorted and out anti freeze in the system, but the radiator in the utility refuses to work :s and they don't make them that size anymore. OHs car didn't like it when it first mowed and went on strike so I was without a car for 2 wks, and now I daren't go out on me own cause have fallen a few times in the snow.
The snow also put paid to my christmas plans. I was meant to travel to my mums yesterday to spend christmas with her but am now stuck here.
Have got cabin fever as I'm used to getting out more than this. Plus I've not been on here due to issues with computers. Feel like I've been cut off lol.
So while I can get on I'll wish you all a good christmas.
Leigh x

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Just seen your post, thought I would say hi and hope things are going a bit better for you now?

:))
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh no! Poor you, I hope things do pick up for you soon on all fronts and that you can keep in touch with us more. Despite it not being the Christmas you planned I hope it is still an enjoyable one. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning leigh
    What bad luck you have had with this dam weather,
    Sorry your plans to see your mum have been disrupted but I hope that you still enjoy christmas
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Oh Leigh, what a rotten time you are having there. So sorry that you will not be able to get to your mums, that is a real downer.
    Hope the computer is behaving its self and you can come on here a bit more.
    Good luck for the 4th of Jan and I hope you get some answers, fingers crossed for you that they get to the bottom of your knee problem in Feb too.

The old radiators are a problem to replace these days. I hope you find one to fit soon.
    Lv, Ix
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hi leigh

I do hope at least teh computer keeps working :))

I think you have had a rough time - I cannot imagine what your conservatory was like with all that water in it :shock: will the insurance pay out??

Oh and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS from me too :))

Love

Toni xx
  • keira74
    Options
    Thank you all. So far so good for getting online :))
    The conservatory is a complete mess at min. Already had 3 insurance claims this year due to being burgled 3 times in 2 wks so not claiming for conservatory.
    Planning on seeing mum at end of January now.
    Leigh
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh leigh you poor thing, I am the same, I was going crazy till mu neighbour asked if I wanted to go to the supermarket, I am so sorry you cant go to your mums for Christmas , I really do hope that you manage to have a nice Christmas
    Lots of love and hugs coming your way x:)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • keira74
    Options
    Fell twice in space of half hour just before xmas :( As a result I'm having major problems with my leg. Walking, standing, laying and moving in general have had me in tears. Its from my hip to my knee. As a result xmas was spent in bed. But I finally managed to sit downstairs today - only for an hour though as lifting leg to put on footstool is a nightmare. Rang GP this morning but couldn't get an appointment.
    Hope everyone had a good xmas and got everything they wanted. xx