Sorry for rambling! :)

Options
stephiey
stephiey Member Posts: 61
edited 22. Dec 2010, 09:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing OK & are looking forward to Xmas :)

Just felt like posting as I've not been very well recently. Along with the arthritis, the tendonitis in my shoulder isn't getting any better and I'm really anemic. Along with that I caught the flu from my boyfriend! I had the jabs and the swine flu jabs but still feeling as rough as the weather! I'm determined to get better by Christmas as I see all my family on boxing day and don't want to infect anyone!
I've been falling asleep all day today and I'm having tests just to make sure I'm not suffering from pneumonia. I've always been quite worried about getting that as it is what my Nan died of. I wasn't lucky enough to know her but I wouldn't want my Mum to go through all the pain again. I'm still in pyjamas! Snuggled on the sofa with the Xmas tree lights on :)

Hope everyones keeping well! And not damaged too much because of the weather, Im from London and although it's bad it's not as bad as other places! Keep warm and safe :)
And sorry for rambling!
Lots of love
Steph
X

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Steph,

Nice to see you again but sorry your not feeling too good. Hope the sofa and the duvet help and you do chuck it off before Christmas.

I don't know if its the same but they tell me mine is very contagious to me but not likely to be to anyone else cus I have had it so long. It keeps reinfecting but as yet, as far as I know, no one else has caught it from me.....

Most people I know would say if they had :wink:

You feel better soon and hope you enjoy your self oer the next few days. Cris x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Steph,
    Well I am not surprised that you are over tired with the anaemia and the flu. Sleep is the best thing you can have at the moment.
    Have you been offered any treatment for the tendonitis? I have it as well so I know it can get you down at times.

You stay comfy on your sofa and be extra kind to yourself that way you will feel more like going to your family party.

Have a lovely time together.
    Lv, Ix
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Steph

You aren't having the best time either are you.

how very very kind of your chap to give you his 'flu!!! Bless him - NOT!!

I bet it's your blood count making you so tired though - above all else that is so draining.

Have a lovely Christmas if I don't see you before

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jennylynn
    jennylynn Member Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi Steph,

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas and hope you feel better soon. Nothing worse than feeling under the weather at christmas, but what an excuse to stay warm and snug in your pjs :))

Jennyx
    Jennyx

kittens.jpg?1295453358
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hi Steph sorry to hear your not feeling to good, sleeping is good for you when you feel like that. Try not to worry about the pnumonia not everyone gets it and its easy to treat these days. You take care and try not to dwell on things, you'll out and about with your fella soon enjoing yourself. in the mean time heres a little tune for you
    All the besy Colin

c025.gif
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE