What a difference a year makes

Options
mummyb
mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
edited 23. Dec 2010, 23:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
x:rudolf Hi guys, I just wanted to share my reflections on life over the past year. This time last year I was laid up with Sciatica and arthur, I thought my working life was over as arthur was attacking me relentlessly. I spent last Christmas in a haze of medication and can barely recollect any of it. I went back to work at the end of January, still not feeling so good. I finally got my diagnosis of RA in July after much to ing and fro ing. Then my medication, methotrexate, pain relief and now hydroxychloriquine, what a differencee all this had made to me. I feel better and more mobile than I have in years. I can't believe how much my life has changed, I was promoted at work in September and two days ago found myself coordinating games at a party we held at work for our carers and their foster children. I'm now a little hoarse after many choruses of "we want Santa" and to see lots of happy faces meeting santa and just generally enjoying themselves, just meant so much to me. So here I am reflecting on what has been a most incredible year, oh and I forgot to mention the three stones I lost with Sl****ng Wo**d. I am so grateful for all the support I have had from my lovely family and all my friends, particularly those I have met through these forums, your support has been invaluable. I just wanted to say thanks and Merry Christmas and a Healthier and pain free New Year to all.

Brenda xx x:rudolf

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It has been a better year for you, overall, hasn't it mummyb? I have only 'known' you since late April but I know you have had your battles and trials - it's lovely to hear that things are so much better and that you are feeling so good. Here's to an equally good 2011 for you! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    :))

Hi Brenda

What alovely story - I remember most of it as we went along, but to hear the ending :))

Santa and all the kids - you must be so happy x:D

You have had one hell of a year and I for one am very happy that you are having such a great Christmas - you enjoy every minute

Love

toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Brenda
    You have had a rough ride, but you have come through the other end.
    You put so much into being a foster Mum, you really do deserve a lovely healthy and peaceful Christmas.
    Love and lots of hugs (((((())))))
    Barbara xx x:rudolf x:rudolf x:)
    Love
    Barbara
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    hi Brenda. a lovely story & i hope it continues for you.
    Your a lovely lady & give so much to your family etc.
    well done on the weight lose too.
    Merry xmas & happy new year to you.
    luv debs
  • mummyb
    Options
    Hi DD, Toni, Barbara and Debs, thanks for your kind words guys, it is your support that has kept me going when things were tough and I want you to know how much I appreciate it. Please know that I am here for you guys too if you should need me to try to offer the same support to you when things are not so good and to share a laugh when things are ok. I know you've all had difficult times this year and here's to happier and healthier times in 2011. Merry Christmas my friends, much love and plentiful hugs, Brenda ((((xxxx))))) x:rudolf :))
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hi Brenda, What a great year its been for you, its so nice to hear from people who are doing well on the site you are indeed an insperation to us all.

Take care Colin
    c025.gif
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • mummyb
    Options
    x:rudolf Thank you for your kind words Colin, hope things are ok for you. It is nice to be able to post positive news, I'm hoping this current state will last! Merry Christmas and Happy and healthy New Year to you. Best wishes, Brenda xx x:rudolf
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Brenda

You have come far in the year Brenda. It is so nice to hear of people responding well to treatment. It gives us the hope that one day it might be our turn.

I'm always glad to hear of positive things being said.

Brenda, we have become good friends as well. Thank you for that too.

I hope you have a very nice Christmas and that that little man of yours has an exciting Christmas as my grandson will.

Thanks for your comapany during the night though it helps to break it up.

have a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year

Love Trish xxxxx