Dizzyness? Blood vessles restricting?

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 29. Dec 2010, 12:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello been to docs today. I have had dizzy spells which last moments and go away then i look up or down etc and it happens again. I told hospital and they said oh its not to do with arthritis its something else. They left it at that. The gp doctor has said it could be blood vessels restricting in neck most rheumatoids have it. My shoulders never feel relaxed i just feel pressure. He said i allways will. I have no info on blood vessles restricting anyone else get this and the dizzy spells. He has given me PROCHLORPERAZINE TABLETS. Take one 5mg 3 times daily when required for dizziness. anyone on these? thanks joanne
Joanne

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Joanne and sorry about your dizzy spells. Most unpleasant. I have had dizzy spells in the past which I have thought were due to RA affecting my neck but not officially been told that is the cause. If your GP thinks it is your neck, would he consider referring you for a scan to see if anything shows up? I don't have any knowledge of the tablets you have been given but I do hope they help your dizziness.

Love Tilly xxx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Hi tilly
    This is a new one to me. I just hope the pills sort it. I think i have got to the point they stop telling you what is going on. My neck has played up before i just had headaches and pain looks like dizzy spells also now. I just wish they would just say though. The hospital is still keeping me. My gp cannot do my bloods so i still have to go there. and have my pressure taken at gps on Wednesdays at 430 onwards.
    I have some wonderful stalactite ice hanging from my kitchen window it is wonderful to see . lol joanne
    Joanne
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Joanne

I too hope the pills sort the dizziness. It does sound as if it could be the arthritis doesn’t it?

The icicles are pretty to look at aren’t they? We have icicles hanging from the bird bath although things are starting to melt here a bit now. Less of the sparkling white snow and more of the mucky grey slippery slush. Yuck!

Really hope the dizziness eases for you soon Joanne.

Love Tilly xxx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Thank you Tilly. love looking out side dont want to go out in it much. Love my iccicles. from joanne
    Joanne
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi Joanne, I'm on Prochorperazine tablets at the moment. After my flu jab I went down with a bad bout of flu which I'm now getting over but it left me with fluid in the ears.For a while now I've had dizzy spells which only last a few seconds,especially if I move my head too quickly.My GP said the dizziness was down to the fluid in the ears and prescribed the Prochorperazine.They don't seem to be doing much good so if I've still got the dizzy spells after Christmas I will go back to see him.Apparently it can take a couple of weeks for the fluid to disperse.Hope you are getting on OK with the tabs. Breane.x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Joanne
    Sorry I cant help with meds, but I do hope they work for you, It sounds awful.
    Sending you some nice warming hugs ((((((()))))
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • suncatcher
    Options
    breane wrote:
    Hi Joanne, I'm on Prochorperazine tablets at the moment. After my flu jab I went down with a bad bout of flu which I'm now getting over but it left me with fluid in the ears.For a while now I've had dizzy spells which only last a few seconds,especially if I move my head too quickly.My GP said the dizziness was down to the fluid in the ears and prescribed the Prochorperazine.They don't seem to be doing much good so if I've still got the dizzy spells after Christmas I will go back to see him.Apparently it can take a couple of weeks for the fluid to disperse.Hope you are getting on OK with the tabs. Breane.x

I had read they can be used for ear problems also. I cannot turn head quickly look up down etc. Ive taken two tabs so far they did vanish a while but have come back. Its a nuisance. Hope the doctor can do something for you. I'm glad i saw him Ive had no joy off Hospital. the GP told me to mention it again to them. Since my meds are under control they talk as if im ok now. anyway thanks for reply. I will phone NRAS to see if they have any leaflets on this subject. Joanne
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Joanne
    Sorry I cant help with meds, but I do hope they work for you, It sounds awful.
    Sending you some nice warming hugs ((((((()))))
    Love
    Barbara x

Thanks im glad i spoke to gp. Just hope they work. more pills. Hope u keeping well have a great christmas from joanne
    Joanne
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

Good to see you :grin::grin:

Not good to see you got this one though flower. The tablets might hold it quite well, I am on the branded one cus mine breaks throguh the generic that much easier.... I don't do 3x a day all the time, sometimes 2 at a time and to off set a vertigo attack they told me try 6 if I have enough warning...... Been on em over 12 years now.

Hopefully you will find they work well and more importantly help to stop the vertigo but Joanne can they do anything with the underlying cause for you?

Mine they can't cus they don't know if its the neck, the circulation or my brain but it might be worth seeing if they can stop it at source for you?

Hope Yasmin isn't living in the tree and that you all have a really good Christmas. Keep in touch flower. Love and a (((( )))) Cris xx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    HI Cris
    This is something im gonna tackle em about on next appointment. My gp by the way cannot monitor my pills so im still under the hospital. They have sent an appointment through for me. Ive mentioned it before to em. My blood pressure is up and down and my eyes are not as well balanced visually. when i had appeal. The optician put he was having difficulty balancing the vision. These three things could course dizziness. The hospital said no its not arther its something else and left it. Thats very helpful for me isn't it :roll:
    My Gp is saying its blood vessels restricting and said getting up turning head will do it. He said i give my patients with rheumatoid these pills and they work.
    I rang NRAS thinking oh they will have a leaflet on it. They said oh thats rare flare ups in necks coursing that we don't have a leaflet on it. They looked on INTERNET found nothing. I will get the Hospital to investigate it.
    I just wonder if i will actually pass out one day with it. My fingers have swollen so i know im in a flair and my spine has hurt and shoulders arms. Im OK other wise think self lucky. I have been to see my god mother she has ovarian cancer. Was given the news her cancer was dormant they thought it was over now she has been told its back. More chemo very Upsetting she visited my mom and washed her hair when she was in hospital.
    I really love my god mother she is wonderful and she has not complained once about her treatment. Brave woman.
    thanks for reply joanne
    Joanne
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

Flower I am so sorry about your God Mum and so hope they can hep her and get her through it all. Leaving you a ((((( ))))) for that and a hope.

Right this might not help but have you got a fall clinic there? See I was nursed by a nurse who worked in the one down here and she was saying I should ask o see them cus they would find out if it was my neck, brain or circulation and might even e able to help..... Might be worth enquiring....

I did talk to the gp about it all but she said I HAVE to talk to the rumo cus for her its more likely to be the neck.... I really do have to grasp that nettle with a slender hope they will let me have an ortho's opinion.... not too much to lose now....

They haven't got yo on betta blockers have they?

Stemetil I find works really well... the generic doesn't... might want to bare that one in mind as well flower.

Yep cats and trees..... mine have had this one over 4x today and now its doubled tied to the door they have branched out to killing balls and playing with tinsel... cats just love Christmas eh?! :lol:

Joanne I really will send healing vibes and so many hopes for you and your god mum. Love and some ((((( ))))) wrapped in cat chewed tinsel. Cris xx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    I only had been given them dizzy pills chris so far. I am going to ring help line tomorrow. I have got an appointment end of Jan with them. I would like one earlier as i dont want to wait. Have u ever passed out? This worries me. I can feel dizzy crossing a road,walking down stairs. I am in dark at moment i like to know what im dealing with. Thats why i want appointment changed.
    Thanks skezer from joanne
    Joanne
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

I used to be very unstable and yep I have (and still can) pass out but only if standing as yet (except when the crohn's is really flying) I have yet to do it sat down....

I understand your worry and when I used to do it a lot more I knew it was coming so would just sit down..... regardless of where I was..... :roll:

The stemetil has worked very well for me but the cutting off of circulation gets harder as my neck gets worse. I don;t know thee is much that can be done for that.....

There is the fall clinic though.... might be worth ago seriously?

I have fund the generic doesn't hold the vertigo so bare that in mind.I also have taken other stuff originally for the vertigo as well but all I can remember is betta blockers and cyclizine... Will have to really think back eh?!

Joanne its like everything its worse with stress and also it does get easier as you get to know it if that makes sense>? There are things I really can't do cus it sets it off but over all mine is held reasonably well in check.

Leaving yo a (((( ))))) and a hope. Cris xx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Thanks for that Cris.Just gonna get hang of it and press on like the rest of the stuff thrown my way. My new motto in life is gonna be "carry on regardless" i think :lol: x joanne
    Joanne
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

It will get easier as you get to know it Flower.

Love the motto, a politer version of mine which seems to be '**** it and do it anyway' :lol::lol::lol:

Your chicken laying/ i had to actually buy eggs and well that's letting the side down so much eh?! Got 2 yesterday and have 2 duck eggs as well.... but....

got a Muscovy Who is now flying about the place... she likes flying, fair enough she is a bird but its not easy to round her up to go in the shed at night :wink:

Leaving you a load of ((((( ))))) and some hopes. Cris xx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Yes i have got eggs surprised to say. The chicken s They look depressed but the ducks look extremely pleased with the snow. Ours has melted im pleased to say. The bin men came today and took loads of rubbish.
    I did not think they would.
    I went shopping i saw two tiny draw things you could put jewellry in or stamps etc. In the seconds shop for 15 pounds each in sale they were half price. They are white but i intend to paint cats on em and repaint all over. :idea:
    I also have got an ornamental cat 3 cats round a fish tank and the fish tank lights up. It reminds me of Yasmin. The cat -fish she loves as it hides. I think she would get the other fish but she is obsessed with that.
    I like the motto you have love to see that on a t shirt :lol:
    Joanne