Attitude adjusting - how do you keep positive?

Options
2»

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There is no secret to dealing with feeling down, it is a learned response which you integrate into your day to day character.

Just as you learn to be 'down' you learn to be 'up' or positive with responses such as 'because I'm worth it' or 'I am the champion, of the world' (with thanks to Mr. Mercury!) to mention some of the better known ones. I do get down but manage to keep it in acceptable periods of time. I find that looking forwards to things is a worthy cause, whatever it is, a homecoming, a pint, my grandson, a new toy even programs on TV, they all make my life worthwhile. I have found that my peers are all at work so I can be on my own for a while and is one of the worst aspects of arther but then it just gives me more time to get up to mischief!!!!!!! :))

x8) Its a nearly xmas grin, honest!
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think you go through stages its on going really. I have had RA for nearly six years. It has taken me a while to adjust you do in one way. but you get a change in meds or your condition that is different it makes you think again and have to take stock. Getting your head round it, then finally get used to it and your ok.
    The one day at a time is a must,, as you cannot plan. I used to have to do lists now i have done lists and ignore what i haven't done or been able to do and say theres another day its not important. I wish things were different but there not. I prioritize. If im not able to take son to say the wacky the day he would like to i will say not tonight i will take you sometime this week though and i do. He is fine with that. I just think well he is going at least. He is more appreciative than my daughter who had the well me. He is more caring than she is. Maybe it is a positive you appriciate things more. I hope my son will keep his appreciating kind unselfish nature.
    Mix with positive people it rubs off. Looking at different ways of doing things helps me. Keep going keep trying. I have new hobbys and im keeping learning and expect bad days its unrealistic to be happy all the time. Hope that helps im going im woffleing. x joanne
    Joanne