Any one had to fork out for something unexpected before chri

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 24. Dec 2010, 16:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have just bought a new washing machine the other packed up yesturday.
My neighbor has had his boiler and a drain block up. Has any one had any thing go wrong they have had to get a new one of. from joanne
Joanne

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    A new shredder and an outlet fitting for the tumble drier. Throwing our money about this Christmas.

Joseph x8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    My washing machine is making a noise at the moment but praying it hangs in there until the new year. My sons girls friend family have had their boiler/heating go on. Neighbour has had problems with her water tank...ballcock thingy which meant she had a small drip from her ceiling which has been sorted by a friend.
    I hope everyone else does not have any problems over the holiday period...I will request a stress free period for all from Santa..
  • angelgirl7
    angelgirl7 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Two new front tyres :evil which were only put on this time last year :evil :evil

Beckie XX
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thought it was just me, that appliances gave up just before Christmas...why... do we use them more ....is there a Christmas spell that the elves send out x:?: x:x my freezer has stopped freezing... cant get a new one yet.....so this cold weather will come after all :wink: x:)
    Barbara x x:rudolf
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Joanne sorry your washing machine gave up so near to Christmas. Our toilet seat has broken- only £40 odd to fix- but I have to wait to fix it. It would never get here in the Christmas rush!
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    :evil :roll: 3 major items fridge freezer washerdryer and then the built in oven of a certain size and a price to match :evil BAR-HUMBUG :evil
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    The vet has told me that my cat's teeth need cleaning - estimated price between £200 and £250 because he will have to be anaesthetised. I think he will have to wait until the new year somehow x:shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    A new shredder and an outlet fitting for the tumble drier. Throwing our money about this Christmas.

Joseph x8)

Last of the big spenders, Joseph x:?: x:lol: x:lol:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    "joanlawson" £200 and £250 I think he will have to wait until the new year somehow x:shock:[/quote]

:o:o:o:o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o:o:o:o Joan, I will do it for £150!!!!! :)) :lol:

We didn't expect our recent trip to see our Daughter down in wales a couple of weeks ago, they were going to come up here originally, cost a blooming fortune... Mainly because of the rip-off price of petrol and a car with crappy mileage!! x:roll:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    The vet has told me that my cat's teeth need cleaning - estimated price between £200 and £250 because he will have to be anaesthetised. I think he will have to wait until the new year somehow x:shock:

My friend had the cats teeth pulled out. Copes very well and in the long run saved her loads of money. It was due to the age of the cat but £200 sounds a hell of a lot of money?? Hope your cat is not in too much pain over xmas hols.
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS mr tax man hubbs has just had a tax demand underpayment from 2007 not a fortune but a hole in the budget , i dont use choice words but on this occasion i will :evil $$%££""^^&&**((()))&^%$$)$$$$$$$$$$$^~~~~~
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    lupin15 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

My friend had the cats teeth pulled out. Copes very well and in the long run saved her loads of money. It was due to the age of the cat but £200 sounds a hell of a lot of money?? Hope your cat is not in too much pain over xmas hols.

Thanks lupin, I suppose that is one option. His teeth look OK to me, and he isn't in any pain at all, so I don't think there is any urgency. Vets making more money x:?: It makes you wonder.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ludicrous. Give the moglet a bonio to chew or the cats' equivalent (if it exists). Hey, joan, that's a thought - you could start your own business, develop your own cat-fang-cleaning chew bar and make a million or two! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suncatcher
    Options
    The cats teeth needing cleaning a new one to me i only thought it was dogs. oh well lovely pearly white Cheshire cat grin at your house. Bet your not smiling.
    PS just seen a vet go by with his suitcases n passport in his hand x:rudolf
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    MERRY CHRISTMAS mr tax man hubbs has just had a tax demand underpayment from 2007 not a fortune but a hole in the budget , i dont use choice words but on this occasion i will :evil $$%££""^^&&**((()))&^%$$)$$$$$$$$$$$^~~~~~

I haven't heard of anyone i know getting these yet. I am really sorry to hear this im just wondering if its a way of getting more money out of us. :shock:
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    We normaly have the car or central heating go wrong.
    I am sorry we are all forking out things we did not expect. Its so expensive this time of year with out extras. thanks for replying happy xmas or is it ba humbug i should be saying wishing you all the best eat drink be merry x joanne
    Joanne