2»

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Alan :grin:

sorry I missed your post.... been awol for a few days. :oops:

I'm on Mtx too and had a chest infection a few weeks ago that I knew nothing about until one of the rheummy's heard it 'crackle' in me chest!

I was given amoxycillin but the doc didn't stop the Mtx. :shock: isn't it weird that there are different opinions and practices around whether or not we stop Mtx?

I hope you're feeling a bit better Alan! nasty thing to have this time of year when you have plans to do other things... like celebrate the new year. :!:

Iris xx
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    Dorcas / D.D.
    My lungs are not acheing as much as they were 2 weeks ago. But I get up in the morning and the horrible muchas is still there, so it's still in my system.
    Got a bit of a doo to go to on Friday, so I don't really know what to do. My G.P. is probably in Barbados while next week anyway, he has more holidays than Judith Chalmers. Alanthemanc.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Come Friday, if you are feeling better and think you can manage, then you go to your do. Alternatively, come Friday and if you are not feeling that wonderful and don't think you can manage, then you don't. There will be another New Year's Eve in 364 days' time, come Friday. The year has a habit of doing that - and you might be fighting fit for that one! Perhaps your results will come thro tomorow and that might help you decide: anyway, I do hope that you start feeling really better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    hi Alan

I had a similar problem to you earlier this year. Got a chest infection which took several courses of antibiotics to clear it up and they took me off the mtx. I thought I was bordering on pneumonia too. Unfortunately, my rheumy wants me to go back on it next year along with an anti tnf. He said it was 'just viral.' Don't quite know why that makes a difference!
    Hope you are feeling better.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Dorcas. How odd they let you continue on MTX with antibiotics.They are usually are adamant you must stop MTX.
    Alan, let's hope Carlos doesn't switch back to the reds then.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I have been on AB's several times in the past year including some 'heavy duty' stuff twice. Each time - and two different hospitals - told me to continue with the meth.

I was so surprised the first time that I queried it and was told that I would need the meth anyway. Since then I have questioned it each time and been told to continue.

It seems to me that you pays your money and you takes your choice!

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think it's down to the personal preference of the rheumatologist or the team that supports one: I have had two lots of antibiotics, both to clear boils,and on both occasions I stopped the meth to promote healing - on the advice of my rheumatology nurse. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • RA2010
    RA2010 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    For me it was because white blood cells dropped really low when I had a sore throat that my meth was stopped. Doc said before taking the bloods that if they were fine they would treat it as a normal cold and I could continue meth, but then because bloods were low stopped the meth to try to get them back up, and gave anti biotics to prevent bacterial infection....

Had swine flu jab today (since this is my first year of RA I've never had any flu jab before, so apparently had to have swine flu on its own, and then the triple seasonal jab which includes swine flu in 4 weeks, as that wouldn't work if I hadn't had swine flu jab on its own before?). Really sore arm tonight, and don't know if it's due to the jab, or illness or other medication (only on hydroxychloroquine at the mo until after rheumy appointment next week) but have been seeing colours and flashing lights! Very pretty pictures I have to say, but difficult when trying to focus on driving! Worse when staring at the computer (as I am obviously doing now, so will stop that soon!) and TV, and gets better when I just rest my eyes! Very weird!

Anyone had this before?

Thanks
    Heather
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    HI all

Ive had a mixed reaction from gp and rheumy about my meth before if its antibiotics for an ear infection they say stay on mtx too but if it goes on chest or really bad throat to come off mtx while on antibiotics.
    Guess what Im on this week and off of the other :wink:

weird how its always different for everyone my GP always worries as the info he has suggests its really bad to take mtx when ill.

Hope everyone who is ill gets better for the new year and those who are not your looking great in your masks!! x:lol:

Much love
    Theresa xxx
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx