Feliz Navid

Options
tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 27. Dec 2010, 06:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
Feliz Navidad de Espana Il tiempo aqui is poco frio pero menos frio que en Inglaterra.Tienamos lluvia y mucho viento.
Manana Nochebeuna comer pescado Dorada al Horno y dia de Navidad Pavo.
Hope this gives the old grey matter a workout Translation could follow.HAPPY CHRISTMAS :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't know much Spanish, but I've had a go.

Merry Christmas from Spain It is cold weather here but less cold than in England.Tienamos is rainy and windy.

I'm not sure about the last sentence. Something about eating fish and turkey on Christmas Day x:?:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS, TONE

h180.gif

Joan :)
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi there!

I think Joan has done well with the translation, tonesp. :)) It does say in the forum rules that messages should be posted in English, other than on the Welsh forum so please let us know if we have got the translation more or less correct.

Seasons greetings to you too and a happy, healthy new year.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hope this gives the old grey matter a workout Translation could follow.HAPPY CHRISTMAS :)) :)) :)) :)) :))[/quote]

Something about eating fish, Dorada on New yrs eve and some else on new yrs day??? :?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning tonesp, thank you for your greeting! My Spanish is non-existent but from what little I can grasp (there are some overlaps with other languages at which I am equally rubbish) I reckon joanlawson et al have it sussed. I hope you and Ceri have a lovely time - you take care and keep healthy, OK? DD

t07117.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    and a very Merry Christmas to you too Tone :))

Love Toni xxt07165.gif

(what is he like??)
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    tonesp wrote:
    Feliz Navidad de Espana Il tiempo aqui is poco frio pero menos frio que en Inglaterra.Tienamos lluvia y mucho viento.
    Hope this gives the old grey matter a workout Translation could follow.HAPPY CHRISTMAS :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Merry Christmas of Spain Il time is cold but here little less cold than in Inglaterra.Tienamos rain and much wind.
    Tomorrow Nochebeuna to eat fish Golden to the Furnace and day of Christmas Turkey.

Happy Xmas and i hope you enjoy your Golden fish and Christmas Turkey tomorrow. Sorry to hear you have wind and rain....no such luck near snow snow snow.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    The greeting and message was just meant as a little Christmas twist Well done everybody with the translations.
    Dorado or dorada is gilt head sea bream al horno cooked in the oven Nochebuena Christmas Eve Nochevieja is New Years Eve x:rudolf x:rudolf x:rudolf x:rudolf
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Can't do forrin of any description I'm afraid so it will just have to be "Merry Christmas" from me Tone!

Lots love Tilly xxx x:rudolf
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    And Merry Christmas from me and the team too. x:D x:D

Jean x:rudolf x:rudolf x:rudolf x:rudolf
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Did you mean?

Feliz Navidad desde España en este momento aquí es un poco frío pero menos frío que en Inglaterra. Tienamos lluvia y el viento. Mañana por la noche buena comer pescado dorado, al horno y turquía el día de Navidad.

Merry Christmas from Spain, at the moment here it is a bit cold but warmer than in England. Bringing rain and wind. Tomorrow night, it will be good, eating golden fish and oven baked turkey on Christmas Day.

Joseph x8)
    Josephm0310.gif