Xmas TV Reviews

Options
rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 27. Dec 2010, 13:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
Did anyone watch Poirot last night? Personally I thought there was something missing, they didn't build any suspense, and Poirot seemed naggy and miserable. There's usually a little humour in the stories but it lacked a few things last night.

I'm looking forward to Benidorm tonight as we were there when they were filming it.

The BBC2 drama "Whistle and I'll come to you" starring John Hurt was a big disappointment too. There seemed little story or plot and a dire ending considering it had such a great cast.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Ron
    you are right about Poirot, very strange ,,,it just didnt work...I have not seen the others....I saw clips of benidorm...the colour of them makes me laugh...must be gravy browning....I was looking forward to the royal family....but it was such a let down...think they have run out of ideas.....
    The only film I have enjoyed was Scrooge with Alister Sim's....I know its on every year....but what a classic
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I couldn't help but watch Uncle Buck again, John Candy was a brilliant star, yet another that went too soon...
    Love his films..

Looking forward to watching No country for old men again, in fact I have just thought, it is probably on tonight, but I can see it on catch up tv. Good film..

Hope you're well this evening Ron? Did you have a nice Christmas?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How do people manage to find the time to watch the telly? Ah, I see, they are blokes. 'Nuff said.

We did watch Poirot - I had to explain it all to my mum as her eyesight is shot and it was quite a dark production - she couldn't see much of the action. Both mums complained that the subtitles were rushed, they couldn't read them (mine couldn't see them, anyway, I think she was showing elderly solidarity). They also grumbled (FREQUENTLY) that it was nowhere as good as the original (by which I think they meant the one with Peter Ustinov, Wendy Hillier, Michael Yorke et al). That's all the Christmas telly I've seen, so far. Top Gear Holy Land clashed with Eastenders (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!) so couldn't record that as 'stenders was being recorded (don't ask): thank god the Beeb repeats things ad infinitum. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    I enjoy repeats so much that we listened to the radio or played our own music most of the time
    Colin
    c025.gif
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • rondetto
    Options
    Morning everyone, I had a lovely Christmas thanks Tony. Got to start saving for next year now though.

Last night's Benidorm was good, the ending was so sad as we know that Mel died in real life too.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Bit disappointed with programmes i usually like watching.....Benidorm wasnt as good without Johnny Vegas, the new girlfriend/tot - there would have been a great story line if he had been there and ran into that transvesitie-good story waiting there - bored. Royal Family - last years golden egg cup was funny, this years was boring.
    Im only enjoying Coronation street and all films i have on record anyway.
    Whats on tonight?
  • rondetto
    Options
    I agree about Benidorm, the plot was rather flimsy and there were few laughs. But the ending was touching. Let's hope the new series is better, I know Derren Little had to quickly rewrite his script following the death of Geoffrey Hutchings, so maybe that
    accounts for the lack of a decent plot.