Travelling again next Saturday

Options
PamieAFC1903
PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
edited 29. Dec 2010, 05:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well, I'm off on my travels again next Saturday... Really been doing loads of that lately lol.

Off to see Aberdeen play Dundee United, one of our rivals. Biggest rivals are Rangers and Celtic.

Anyway does anyone else like to travel, for random day out, an event etc?

Last year my and my mate Xander used to buy day tickets for the bus and just jump on all the buses in Fife. Was pretty fun.

I went to see Runrig last weekend and it was AMAZING (yes a 25 year old likes Runrig, I blame my father haha). So was more travel for me there and last weekend I defied all odds and made it to my Granny's 200 miles from me with all the snow and ice going around haha.

Yes I am stupid and take chances, but hey it's how we learn aint it.
I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.

Comments

• Bookseverywhere
    Bookseverywhere Member Posts: 196
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Pamie, Enjoy the football match.

Where we live is 70 miles from the nearest town (Ullapool) and 100 miles from the nearest city (Inverness), so going anywhere involves travel!

We do like to travel and when we can we go to the central belt for concerts, art exhibitions, etc. Every September we have a two or three week break which will involve going to Durham to watch cricket, plus a week in the Borders, plus time in the Midlands visiting family and friends. Over the years we have travelled to various European locations, and always enjoyed it.

Best wishes,
    Kevin.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Pammie,

Go for it girl! Your young an the bone thing has to learn you have a life as well :wink:

Kinda pushed the boundaries a lot when I was your age..... now they are not so flexible but have I lived!! :lol::lol::lol:

Sometime this coming year I am planning to just take off for the first time in oer 30 years....

I do sometimes jump in the car and go west.... does that count :lol::lol: See the sun (if it ever comes) over the Cape and it on a rock in the cove next door and just dream time for a bit.....

You enjoy your self my attitude is always I know there will be payback and I am willing to pay it... usually :lol::lol: Cris xx
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Yoiks.... Well, we have a few places here in Fife, but nothing compares to Aberdeen (my home city). I have friends all over the UK, two in Newcastle, one in Aberdeen, one in Elgin, one in Inverness one in Rugby and one in Essex.... Was in Essex in August for a few days an I loved it. Was fun people trying to understand me haha. Living up in the Highlands you would speak a bit of Gaelic or is it true its dying out? I'm wanting to learn it.

Hello Pamie, Enjoy the football match.

Where we live is 70 miles from the nearest town (Ullapool) and 100 miles from the nearest city (Inverness), so going anywhere involves travel!

We do like to travel and when we can we go to the central belt for concerts, art exhibitions, etc. Every September we have a two or three week break which will involve going to Durham to watch cricket, plus a week in the Borders, plus time in the Midlands visiting family and friends. Over the years we have travelled to various European locations, and always enjoyed it.

Best wishes,
    Kevin.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Wow, where you thinking of going? Don't come to Fife it is boring, especially Falkland lol.

I try to get to many matches as I can in Aberdeen, but not being able to drive scuppers it a bit. I do have a railcard but it runs out in March.

But hey ho, with only being on Jobseekers Allowance and owing my mum money I can hardly get around now :(. But when I do, I flaming make a day of it :).

skezier wrote:
    Hi Pammie,

Go for it girl! Your young an the bone thing has to learn you have a life as well :wink:

Kinda pushed the boundaries a lot when I was your age..... now they are not so flexible but have I lived!! :lol::lol::lol:

Sometime this coming year I am planning to just take off for the first time in oer 30 years....

I do sometimes jump in the car and go west.... does that count :lol::lol: See the sun (if it ever comes) over the Cape and it on a rock in the cove next door and just dream time for a bit.....

You enjoy your self my attitude is always I know there will be payback and I am willing to pay it... usually :lol::lol: Cris xx
    I ♥ Runrig.

• Bookseverywhere
    Options
    Pamie, There are few Gaelic speakers up here now, but hopefully there will be a bit of a revival. Most Gaelic speakers these days are located on Skye or the Western Isles. Sadly, I don't speak Gaelic, as I would love to read poets like Sorley Maclean and Rob Donn in the language they composed in.

Best wishes,
    Kevin.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hi Pamie.
    when i was in my teens i started horse riding and and
    i did a lot of walking for over 30 years and i enjoyed it.
    now i have a problem walking a round the bunglow thanks
    to arther.
    take care and enjoy what you do.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Bookseverywhere
    Options
    Joan, Are you, like me, glad that you did all that walking when you were able to? Sometimes when I get a bit depressed by Arthur, I just transport myself back to some of the beautiful places I walked and climbed, so at least we have wonderful memories.

Best wishes,
    Kevin.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Pamie,

Oh do I know about money getting in the way :wink: Still things might get much better for you and you could escape more often.

Is there anything on your door step that you could get out to do and enjoy?

Is Fife boring then? Hey where I am and come from we are used to small so to me these big sprawling laces have a kinda fascination :lol::lol: Mind I did live and work in Portsmouth or a while.... horrible is about all I can say ut the lights from the hill at night ... well even Camborne can't do that one :lol::lol:

Never look back or too far forward is my motto... what is it called....... seize the day! Cris x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Pamie,

I used to travel far and wide but don't manage so much nowadays. I do miss it but find it all so tiring.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hi Kevin.
    yes i did enjoy it all and i have the injuries that now have arther. but you do not know or care then about arther.
    kevin i expect you have a lot of memories as well.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Pamie, There are few Gaelic speakers up here now, but hopefully there will be a bit of a revival. Most Gaelic speakers these days are located on Skye or the Western Isles. Sadly, I don't speak Gaelic, as I would love to read poets like Sorley Maclean and Rob Donn in the language they composed in.

Best wishes,
    Kevin.

Awww, I am going to look into it when/if I get into Aberdeen College next August.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• PamieAFC1903
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Pamie,

Oh do I know about money getting in the way :wink: Still things might get much better for you and you could escape more often.

Is there anything on your door step that you could get out to do and enjoy?

Is Fife boring then? Hey where I am and come from we are used to small so to me these big sprawling laces have a kinda fascination :lol::lol: Mind I did live and work in Portsmouth or a while.... horrible is about all I can say ut the lights from the hill at night ... well even Camborne can't do that one :lol::lol:

Never look back or too far forward is my motto... what is it called....... seize the day! Cris x

Cris, I live in a lil village in middle of nowhere in Fife (it's called Falkland), Only antics we see here is Prince Charles visiting :lol:.

you have to be able to drive to get out of here, but I don't so I rely on my dad and my older brother (who I fall out with constantly due to me being in pain, yes he doesn't understand).

There is a hill I can walk up, but the weather here isnt great most of the time and I am pretty ummm, unfit :lol:.

But hey ho, seeing my friends in Newcastle next year and my mates in Aberdeen aswell.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Hi Pamie hope you manage to do more young stuff as the weather improves , still got your Christmas present and the gig tickets to look forward to as well cheers Tinkerbelle. x:D x:D x:D

Thank youuuuuu :). My birthday's in 5 weeks aswell so I have that to look forward to aswell.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Pamie
    You go girl, I used to walk for miles and miles...and loved to meet lots of different people on my travels...you do has much as your money will let you....I love the Idea of a day bus pass
    Better then hitchhiking...thats what we used to do :shock: :grin:
    Good Luck with everything
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Bookseverywhere
    Options
    Pamie, Isn't Falkland the Fife village where Johnny Cash's ancestors come from?

If you think Falkland is remote, you ought to try Durness, where we live. A small village of 300 people right on the north west tip, nearest town is 70 miles and nearest city is 100 miles. Both the roads leading into and out of the village are single track with passing places.

Best wishes,
    Kevin.