Bestist Chrimbo Gift

Options
robertls
robertls Member Posts: 2,304
edited 1. Jan 2011, 07:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
What was your best christmas present this year???

Come........be honest.....

Rob x e060.gif
Roba045.gif

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rob, I got a 16 gig memory card for my phone, I really wanted to get an 8 gig, so am twice as happy with it, lol..
    Will fit quite a few films and tunes on my phone now!
    And I do love my new 'bananaman' T-shirt too, haha..

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    For me it's control of the flippin TV remote.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:

You lucky ****, that's what I have wanted for the last few years, it's like the Holy Grail of blokey presents that ya know! :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • PamieAFC1903
    PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
    Options
    It would be between my Ticket for the Rockness Festival next year :D
    I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:

I just stole it and switched the TV to QI.... no complaints from my mum, dad and bro oddly enough.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Some friends gave me a tall, glazed pot for my sticks. I would never have bought it for myself but I happen to love it! It's Art Nouveau in style and has a dancing girl on it: think Lautrec, yes? A lovely, buxom-but-wasp-waisted dancing girl, arms thrown wide, cavorting merrily, wearing a bright red dress, white elbow-length gloves, black-buttoned boots, hair piled high - think Edwardian gaiety girl and you get the picture. It's smashing. It's wonderful.

My mother has demonstrated how I should place my sticks inside it - twice, just to make sure I understood. She may end up wearing it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Some friends gave me a tall, glazed pot for my sticks. I would never have bought it for myself but I happen to love it! It's Art Nouveau in style and has a dancing girl on it: think Lautrec, yes? A lovely, buxom-but-wasp-waisted dancing girl, arms thrown wide, cavorting merrily, wearing a bright red dress, white elbow-length gloves, black-buttoned boots, hair piled high - think Edwardian gaiety girl and you get the picture. It's smashing. It's wonderful.

My mother has demonstrated how I should place my sticks inside it - twice, just to make sure I understood. She may end up wearing it. DD

Mothers, who'd have em? Lol
    Mine is asking me what I am going to eat every two minutes, I keep telling her that my appetite is none existant and I don't want anything. Then it's "well, what about a bit of this, or that, or the other..?"
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHH
    :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:

Who............the pot..........or yourself you describing???

Rob x e010.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Mothers, who'd have em? Lol
    Mine is asking me what I am going to eat every two minutes, I keep telling her that my appetite is none existant and I don't want anything. Then it's "well, what about a bit of this, or that, or the other..?"
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHH
    :lol:

Yes, well that's what mothers are for, isn't it? Even when our children are adults, and perfectly capable of looking after themselves, we still worry and fuss over them. Tony, if you were my son, I would be trying to get you to eat too, so I'm on your Mum's side :!: :lol::lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Funny you should ask Rob, that is exactly the way I expect our DD to look....
    Especially the cavorting bit.. Lol

Oh thanks Joan, thought you were mi pal!!! :roll: :roll: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Rob, I will ram my belovéd pot down, firmly, over her head. Exasperation levels are running high. Very high. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    ooooer lol
    I ♥ Runrig.

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    my bestest pressie was a little teddie that you warm up in the microwave...I love him...much nicer then the ordinary wheat cushion
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    I say my fave is my Rockness tocket yet I aint even got it yet haha.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• tjt6768
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oh Rob, I will ram my belovéd pot down, firmly, over her head. Exasperation levels are running high. Very high. DD

Oooooooooooooooo Matron!!!!!! :shock: :oops: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    My bestest present is a huge remote control for the TV/DVD which glows in the dark - big buttons which are easy for me to press .......just wish I could get the darn thing to work :roll:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Actually the John Candy boxed set much more fun.lol :evil :evil

Quality box set Tinks... I had to watch Uncle Buck again the other day, it is mandatory!! :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    :(:(:( x:cry: x:cry: x:cry:
    I ♥ Runrig.

• PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Cause I haven't got my festival ticket yet and one of my presents didn't turn up because of the post backlog :(
    I ♥ Runrig.

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I got a new chain for my charm bracelet as the other one broke and the new one is smaller so doesn't slip of my wrist anymore.I like my new wooly, fingerless gloves too.However my little girl decided to break the plastic tag and has snagged the new gloves.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I had a pretty new bracelet, tapestry kits and several bitsy ones........but the best one was four whole days of not having to clean, cook, attend to washing etc.etc.

It will all gang up on me come Wednesday, but in the meantime I am enjoying it!

Annie
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    This is a hard one had some wonderful gifts like 3 kilo of jelly beans....a large baby grow pj outfit but the best was my camera...Now all i have to do is work out how to use all the functions. :):):):):):):)
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    we treated ourselves to a new freeview+ box that has two tuners & 500GB of storage space, and it is bliss :grin:

No searching for video tapes that will work in our machine, no trying to remember what we recorded and when, or in which order they should be watched :roll: and even better, Plenty of good programmes to watch when we want to watch them - as long as I keep remembering to press 'record' every now and again :wink:

the bestest surprise pressie I received was a parafin wax therapy system that my brother-in-law bought for me ..... I am going to have fun trying that out!

WOnky
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Hope everyone is enjoying what ever they got ,Sure Pamies tickets will arrive soon and gloves for Elizabeth will mend not to much housework for Annie ,think most of us have presents stuck in the backlog fingers crossed they will arrive soon.Hope my anti Cellulite cream will work .just had a lovely bath ...with wine cant see any improvement yet ...oh and legs has got to grips with that big remote control ...................most of all hope Rob has had lovely presents and his hearts desire because he is a true ly lovely person and thankyou for your lovely posts,Tinkerbelle.

I still have to pay the rest its unfair lmao. But I looked and apparently it gets sent out 2 weeks before the festival starts (I think it will be sooner though)
    I ♥ Runrig.

• minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    I got a book, Paul 'O grady.. the devil rides out, enjoying laying in bed reading that.
    PJs, wine, money & choccy biscuits.
    we treated ourselves to sky for an early xmas pressie & OH had a wee (Not that sort :lol: the game console) Im having new clothes after the new yr as ive saved me xmas money :))
    debs