Been rather sad

Options
bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
edited 29. Dec 2010, 16:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
well i have been very sad this christmas being the first year with out seeing my mum on christmas day its hard having to keep it bottled , please treasure your times with loved ones ,
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The first occasion of any calendar event after a death is always difficult. I hope you have some happy memories of your mum at Christmas, tho, think of those. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Berty
    I do know what you are going through....like you I am always telling people to treasure there parents....
    Sending you loads of hugs (((((((()))))
    You know where we are when you want to talk.
    Take care
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Berty,

The first one is the hardest flower but that's not very helpful to you just now. I can't say anything but am sure your Mum isn't too far from you and leaving you a ((((( ))))) Love Cris xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I'm sorry that you're down Berty, we're always here for a chat or to put a smile on your face if that's what you want.. Times like this can be hard. This is our second christmas without my FIL, he is missed a hell of a lot..

Be well..

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hello Bert
    My heart goes out to you i know how it feels
    There are some things you never get over you just live with them. I hope things get better for you.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi berty

sorry that you were sad at christmas
    can't make things better for you but i can send a cyber hug ((()))

Juliepf x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Yes the first one is very painful. I know you will feel lost and it is difficult to feel any happiness when everyone else seems to be laughing and joking.You don't forget but they get a little easier as the years roll by.You will smile at the happy memories eventually.
    My best wishes to you BertyBoy
    take care
    Elizabeth.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi am sorry to read this and do not know how will cope when it comes time for my parents to pass on we have loads of great memories but it so hard to think of these when you are missing someone so much glad you got through it and hope things start to get easyer from here on well done in getting through such a hard time val
    val
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    This will be my sixth Christmas without mom. Everything changed mom was the organizer of family. No one phone bill was bigger than my moms. The communication was done through mom about my family she knew everything as she kept in touch. we miss her. Xmas day when you walked in the place was steamed up. cooking smells wafted out and mom was happy but exhausted from getting up making a feast for us.
    My brother and sister have my dad as they live near him and on the 3rd year my hubby cooks down dads for everyone. When he does it means a lot to family hubby is great cook and the steam and the cooking smells make the house seem like it should be on Xmas day. But we cannot replace mom. It does get easier in some ways but Xmas for me is dead.
    I am sorry to hear about your mom my sympathies to you. cherish the good times you had with her they wont leave you. I love looking and having photos of mine around. I plan to do a scrap book for my son. The first page is the scan photo of my son the only picture she saw. My mom died when i was six months pregnant. this page will be dedicated to her.
    thinking of you hugs xjoanne
    Joanne
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Thank you so much for your words they sure do help , i do have my memories just need to think of those and not the loss, xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    well i have been very sad this christmas being the first year with out seeing my mum on christmas day its hard having to keep it bottled , please treasure your times with loved ones ,

Hi May

I have now had three without my Mum and eight without my Dad. You ahve done well and gotb through it - next year WILL be slightly easier.

Am with you there too - treaure them no matter hwo mcuh they may sometimes get on your nerves x:wink:

LOve

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Berty

I sympathise with you as Christmas is always difficult for me too. Both my parents died at Christmas ( my Dad on Christmas Eve, and my Mum on 18th Dec the following year ) I miss them all the time, but particularly at Christmas.

I try to think of the happy times, and I am thankful that I had such good parents.

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif