What was your least favourite Chrimbo gift this year????

Options
robertls
robertls Member Posts: 2,304
edited 6. Jan 2011, 17:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well........

The inlaws won't be viewing this.......

So be honest.......
Roba045.gif

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    A truly horrible pair of earrings. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    A pair of tea-towels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o
    What am I, some kind of wumman???? :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    I can honestly say that this year nothing....i no it is the first Christmas ever.....Hooray. I didn't even get a horrible jumper or top from the inlaws this year amazing...but my hubby got one heheeheh
  • tjt6768
    Options
    lupin15 wrote:
    I can honestly say that this year nothing....i no it is the first Christmas ever.....Hooray. I didn't even get a horrible jumper or top from the inlaws this year amazing...but my hubby got one heheeheh

Hi Lupes, does he want to swap it for two tea towels, lol. They're very nice, one has Santa on... Very, erm, how can I sell em? Very, absorbent... :lol::lol:
    X
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Thankfully no potted plants this year. Nor bath foam as I can't get in a bath.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    A video of Hnog Kong!?, don't ask please!.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    oh come on now Rkid, you can't do that to us.... I'm asking and damn the consequences!! :shock: :? :o

mellman01 wrote:
    A video of Hnog Kong!?, don't ask please!.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    to be honest a chest full of girly smelly things you soak in rub on and in it lovely if you a girly girl but a tom boy well and shower cap with big flower on those on ac might have seen me in it. made me look like widdow twanky lol
    val
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    the vast chest of nothingness that my family (my dad excepting) have once again got me this year
    I know the joy is in the giving not the receiving but you think they could at least send a thank you or a card - I'm not so angry about the lack of my gift but you think they could make an effort for their only grandchild/niece/nephew as they all also forgot (ignored) his 2nd birthday in the summer :x
    Chrissie
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Oh dear , everyone , in our family we solved the pressie problem years ago and only give presents to under 18s . The rest of us just enjoy getting together to spend time relaxing with good food and a few drinks ! Jilly
  • tkachev
    Options
    Chrissie that is so sad. Are they forgetful, assume you don't need anything cos you both have good jobs(it happens!) or don't like Christmas? Whatever ,even a small gift is something.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Unfortunately they are quite often more than a little self centred and thoughtless and have been for many years....each birthday/christmas I hope it will be different but each time I am disappointed ....however my mum did finally return my Christmas day call yesterday (no she wasn't away or in some far flung corner of the earth, she was home, too busy to answer the phone and only just got round to it, she's not mean and we do get on but she is thoughtless!) :roll:
    Chrissie
  • tkachev
    Options
    Thoughtless people need to have things spelt out to them politely. My OH is thoughtless. I have to tell him what is expected all the time, presents and behaviour wise, but it does take the fun out of things doesn't it? It would be so nice if they did things without needing to be told. A few polite hints maybe Chrissie?

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There is an old adage about leopard and spots, Chrissie, they are not going to change so stop expecting any different and you will avoid that ghastly plummet of disappointment. Treat as treated, they won't notice or mind, and it will ease some of the pressure from you. It's not unusual for the male of the species to ignore totally the small conventions of human interaction, more uncommon in the female, tho. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • PamieAFC1903
    PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
    Options
    least fave was a pair o slippers ma mam gave me.... thankfully they didnt fit but they are BOOOOOOOOOOOORING!
    I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.