What can I claim?

margareth64
margareth64 Member Posts: 148
Im a 46 year old married mum of two teenagers. I have arth of my spine im on slow release tramadol 100mg twice a day,co codamol 30/500 twice a day robaxin 4 times a day, lyrica 4 times as well I also regularly use Heatwraps thremacare ones. Been for physio cant help me anymore, had injections into spine in the pain clinic as well no good either. tried Accupressure nothing helps Im A care assistant in a private nursing home on permanent nights, im constantly in pain my job is very heavy even with the use of hoists, Ive been in and out of work every few weeks to go on ssp when its too much to cope with. But its now sore all the time i dont know how much longer I can continue in my job I need to know what benefits I can claim if any? Im in Northern Ireland and my CAB is only open two mornings a week and theres a waiting list for appointments!!! I was on duty last night and was so sore I broke down in tears not often that happens!!!Any help muich appreciated
Margaret

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Margaret
    Im sorry you are struggling & know what you are going through
    Im a Staff nurse working in a hospital.
    Mines a long story if you want me to tell you what ive been through the past year pm me & ill explain.
    Does work know your condition?
    If so they should be making reasonable adjustments in the work place as stated in the Equality act Oct 2010
    I dont know about any benefits as I havent looked into it yet
    It might be worth asking the helpline on here also there is a no to call at the top of the page
    Lets us know how you get on
    Maria x