New pain for the new year !

Options
jillyb1
jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
edited 8. Jan 2011, 06:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry , everyone , feeling in need of a good moany whine today . Woke up in agony , left knee feels as if it's being beaten with red hot pokers ! Before anyone mentions it , I don't mean the pretty flowers ! Really fed up and snappy today ~ lovely husband and betsy the dog are giving me a wide berth . Thanks , feel better for a moan ! Jilly

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh I think I know what you mean: the heat is inside the joint, mine feels as tho the poker is being pushed thro from side to side - it flaming well hurts, yes? I find sitting with my leg elevated, supported on a cushion or a pillow, eases the hurt - as does a good dose of pain dullers. I hope it eases soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jillyb1
    Options
    Thanks , DD , I have my leg up and have been trying cold flannels and ice cubes but not really helped . Do feel better for a good grumble though , thanks for listening . Jilly
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Jilly, hope the pain eases soon, knee pain is a horrible one eh? Mine have been screaming at me since new yrs morning, cannot get comfortable at all.. It's a lot worse if I stand or attempt the simple act of walking! Lol

Be well

:grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh jilly, this takes me back. I found heat useless, and cold equally so, it never touched that deep-seated fire in the joint. I have gotten used to it now, I only really feel it if I think about it, so I don't :) . It's worse at night, probably 'cos there is little to distract me! I do hope it settles/eases soon. DD
  • fudge
    fudge Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Hello Jillyb1, sorry to hear your knee is making you feel so miserable, I have heard of people using Burn Spray to help take the heat out of a joint, one of these things that work for some but not others. Hope you manage to get some ease soon.

fudge
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi jillybl
    just want to send soothing vibes and hope the knees behave themselves soon.
    take care
    juliepf x
  • jillyb1
    Options
    Thank you , everyone , for the lovely messages of support ; it helps to know you're all out there . Jilly
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Jilly,

I do hope you are feeling a little more comfortable tonight. Do anti-inflam gels help at all?
    Rest and more rest flower. Fingers crossed that the weekend is far better for you.

Lv, Ix
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi jillyb1 sorry to hear you are in so much pain , I know just how you feel it takes over your head , trouble is no one understands how much it hurts unless they have had the same pain. I am so grumpy at the moment my husband is keeping his distance , I dont know if this is how you feel but that makes me feel he is sick of me. This sort of pain really drags you down . I send you a big hug ,keep your chin up . jilly
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning jillyb1, how are things today? I hope they have eased somewhat for you. DD
  • amboritic
    amboritic Member Posts: 66
    Options
    I had a new pain as a present aswell, in my right hand, couldn't even make a fist for three days.

It then receeded over three days and has now gone, apart from a residual ache in the plam of my hand proximal to the base of the thumb. My wrist and thumb where also very warm, so i think it was some sewlling in my wrist that may have impinged on a nerve, at least it is gone now.

I hope your knee gets better quickly. Luckily I only have problems with my right knee, more discomfort than pain really.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,658
    Options
    Hi Jiliies

you can think of nothing else sometimes it is hard to listen to other people's stuff ( I mean those who know not about wot we speak)

I do hope it eases off soon for you

and amboritic - I bet you were dead chuffed with that wonderful gift you received - I hope it goes back where it came from very soon too.

Love

toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jilly,

Sorry I am very late answering you :oops: Its horrible to have a new pain. I am lucky I don't get those anymore but only cu the bones have run out of new places :wink:

For me heat is good though I do do some outside work and sometimes my hands go into cold water.... it does kinda help but its so cold :lol:

Hope your feeling a lot better and it soon backs down for you.Cris x

Hi Other Jilly,

Flower getting snappy and teasy is sadly part of this dam bone thing. I hope you to can find a bit of rest from it and it backs off. Leaving you a ((( ))) Cris x
  • jillyb1
    Options
    Hi , everyone , thank you again for all the lovely messages of support ; I've crawled out of my pit of apathy and feel more positive today , I've put up with this illness for 30 years now but it still shakes me up by adding a new pain now and then ! It helps so much to have all you kind people to lend an ear , thanks again . Jilly
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    A good wallow in the pit of apathy is always to be recommended, as is one in the pit of self-pity. We need some time out, occasionally, from the every-day battle just to do the basics. Well done to you for booting yourself out of said pit - sometimes it isn't that easy to do. Here's to a better day for you, and everyone else. DD
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jilly,

You know that made me smile and just now they are thin on the ground :wink:

Its such a evil condition... you have pain, you get used to it so it throws some ore at you. You get used to it and what do you know it brings in a sodding pantac! :lol::lol:

Years worth and its can still make you want to curl up and cry.... Then we find we can cope again.......

Tisn't always easy flower but this lot here at least understand.

Hope you can carry on feeling a bit better and Toni and I do have a cope regeneration thing if you need it...

I know that's a joke from someone who's cope is chained up and half dead :lol::lol::lol: Hang in there flower. Cris x