newbie with arthritis and asthma:(

Options
rosiebear
rosiebear Member Posts: 5
edited 19. Jan 2011, 16:47 in Say Hello Archive
Just wanted to say hi and ask if anyone suffering from arthritis has asthma too. I was told I couldn't take anti inflamatories as it aggrivates asthma. So my question is what does everyone else take? (I have been reading loads of stuff on this site, got loads of hints and tips but as I'm new if this has been mentioned before I'll apologise in advance:)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Morning rosiebear, I too have arthritis and asthma. My version of the arthritis is PA, my asthma was very well controlled (before that started) by Pulvinal inhalers, and is now non-existent thanks to the biologic drug I take (plus the methotrexate). I have also taken anti-inflammatories in the past, with no ill-effects asthma wise: indeed I was never warned not to take them. Not everyone is affected in the same way by medications, we all vary so much in how we react. I must say that I never found the anti-inflammatories much use either, so you may not be missing out that much! What meds are you on for your version of arthritis? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rosiebear
    Options
    Hello DD Thnks for replying. I don't even know which arthur I have, hehe. The docs been real shady about it. Its been confirmed by xray and mri but he just read a load of jargon to me and said it is arthritis. I'm taking cocodamol which do nothing but other than that just getting on with it. think I might go back and mither, I want my hip back. Plus ill stay on here, seems to work better than doctors :grin: ps my name is polly, married, 4 daughters and I'm a courier so the plastic bag idea was great!
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi Rosie,
    I only joined a few days ago, my name is Tracy.. i have found this site brilliant and it has made me feel so much better..
    I do not have a diagnosis as of yet but i am taking Tramadol for the pain, diclofenac ( which gives me bad tum) and have had a steroid injection which has reduced my inflamation tremendously and made me feel better than i was..
    Maybe go back to your doc and explain to how you are feeling and see if together you can find the right balance.. Your doc is there to help and were all hear to listen
    Let us know how you get on..
    Take care.. :smile:
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi from me too Rosie, I don't suffer the joys of asthma, but arthur has a firm grip, lol..

Hope you are well tonight..

:grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • rosiebear
    Options
    Hi all, I've been running around for the past few days. Sometimes I think that's the only thing to do. Stay active, get the joint going and keep it going. Must admit though I'm still at the point where I'm still feeling cheated about only having one hip as it were. Anyone else feel like that? Xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It sounds like OA to me, if your GP is the one who is dealing with you. Of course you feel cheated, who wouldn't? Keeping active is supposedly good for OA, or so I believe - just be careful not to overdo things. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Rosiebear

Just wanted to say "hello" and welcome to the forum from me too. I do hope you are able to get some more information from your GP about your arthritis.

Love Tilly xxx
  • rosiebear
    Options
    Thanks Tilly and DD :grin:
    I'm getting so much info right here, thanks. There's a lot to read thru though. Phew, gonna be sat on my bum forever, hehe
  • 03darhum
    03darhum Member Posts: 72
    Options
    hi! everyone here that i have spoken to is great and been a big help and i am sure you will find that out too :grin: i do have both asthma and ra i didnt go on anti-inflamtrys i was put on storids but got sick of taking them so doc allowed me to have the injected type instead :grin:
  • miss_l
    miss_l Member Posts: 138
    Options
    :grin: welcome!

I'm also on the arthritis and asthma band wagon!
    My asthma is generally well controlled and have been taking anti-inflam's for a few weeks and it being decided would be worth the risk .... so far so good!

x