What to do next

Options
sharon.graham100
sharon.graham100 Member Posts: 2
My son is now 12 i was told 4 years ago that he had jia after he had a sore elbow, then it went into his hips. After treatment and medication he was discharged, and i thought that he would be fine. Now it has started again with the same sore elbow and he is guarding it in the same way. I was never told about remission, I thought he would be fine. Should i take him to his GP.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh your poor lad, and poor you, what a shame. I don't know much about JIA, but if the same symptoms are presenting again then it would be sensible to let his GP (who also knows his history) to check him out. I wish him, and you, well. DD (forum member)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Oh Sharonj

I am so so sorry :sad:

get him straight back to the GP - the poor lad I would if he was one of mine.

I wish you both all the best

Love

toni xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Sharon

I am very sorry to read about your son and that the JIA may have returned.

There are quite a few mum's who call in on the Young People's forum who have children with JIA. You may like to have a look there until the helplines get back to you.

It may also be a good idea to give the helplines a call (Tel: 0808 800 4050) Many forum people and others have been helped greatly by talking to the Helplines. I am sure there is information you can download on this site about JIA or helplines can point you in the right direction or send you information.

If you click on Publications and Resources on this site you may find some relevant useful information. Knowledge is power, well that is what I feel, anyway.

I agree you should make a gp appointment regarding your son and he should be referred to a rheumatologist. I wonder if your son saw a rheumi when he was younger.

Thinking of you both,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    Options
    Hi Sharon

As your supporters have said, it would be a good idea to get him back to the GP and if was seeing a paediatric rheumatologist before he should go back to them.

If you would like us to send you any information on JIA either give us a call on Monday or Private message us with you full mane and postal address. In the mean time you may find our online information helpful: http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/LivingwithArthritis/Youngpeople/Kidswitharthritis

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/LivingwithArthritis/Youngpeople/Whenyourchildhasarthritis

If you would like someone to talk to just give us call

Best wishes

Simona