Only me....

Options
need me bed
need me bed Member Posts: 103
edited 12. Jan 2011, 18:49 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all, Am new to the forum so thought i'd stop by and introduce myself.

I'm a 40 yr old female living in North East UK. I was diagnosed with RA in mid 2006, I'm getting progressively worse, but hey ho nowt I can do about, therefore no point whining. I don't want to become and Arthritis bore, I'd drive meself mad...lol :smile:

It started off in 1 finger and has gradually spread into the rest of my joints. I still get angry about it, but I'm learning to cope. I see a Rheumatologist usually every 6 months, but there was some 'confusion' with the appt so I now have to wait until April... I'm in quite a lot of pain right now what with the lovely British weather we're having but on the upside it's stop snowing!!! I only managed to slip up once this snow patch, which is a record for me. Mother says i'm like a malfunctioning weeble.... in as much as i do fall down and struggle to get up again, usually because im lol at myself for falling in the first place.... it's never graceful :lol:

I have a fairly good support network of close friends, sadly tho i lost my best friend to cancer last September and i'm missing her sooo much. But you do what you have to, to get by.

Well that's enough of my waffling, please come and say Hi if you feel like it,

xx
f055.gif

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh I like the name - I have just climbed out of mine after an unscheduled nap of a couple of hours! Afternoon, nmb, it's nice to meet you and I am glad you have found us. We are a knowledgeable and friendly bunch of arthritics, I have PA which has been bumbling on for nearly 14 years now, and is particularly active at the moment, hence the dozing. It's pouring with rain here and dark, which doesn't help the oveerall feel of life. I hope you find the forum interesting as well as entertaining - LWA is the place where we deal with the meds/treatments/rants/tips and hints, the rest are self-explanatory! I was sorry to hear that you lost your best friend, that must have been a real blow, but hopefully the memories are all good ones. I hope to see your name here and there, and I hope today is not too bad a one for you. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello and welcome from me too!

I am sorry you are having a rough time and so very sorry about the loss of your best friend.

You do sound as if you have a good sense of humour though and a positive attitude which must be a help during the dark days. And your "malfunction weeble" comment really gave me a giggle!

You will be in good company here and need never worry about being an "arthritis bore". :grin:

Look forward to seeing you posting.

Love Tilly xxx (another 40 something RA'er)
  • need me bed
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm an positive reception, I can be a little shy at times but i'm sure you'll all be telling me to STFU in no time at all!!!

I do like to 'rant' occasionally, especially when it comes to work... they drive me insane, but that's whole other story for another forum. I work 12 -9 m-f in a call centre on a 7 weeks on 1 week off rotation but i'm really hoping to go part time. This week is my week off. I find the length of my day really long and i'm also the primary carer of my (late) friend's 40 yr old son he has bi-polar. I've been caring for him since before i was diagnosed but i can't let him down especially now and after promising his mum that i'd always be around for him. Some days it's tough but i'm learning to say 'no' more often to other people and try to do what's best for me. If I'm having a good day great lets go do something... and if i'm not we stayin and chill out with the tv, it works well for us both. And TBH he's great comfort and support to me too, he manages to do most of the things i can't with a bit of female trickery and persuasion just like most men!!!!

Thanks again for saying HI :grin:
    f055.gif

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi and welcome from me too..

I have been here nearly a wk and i feel so at home and welcome :smile::smile:
    There a great bunch on here and certainly don't mind you waffling on... i can do it myself quite often..
    One of them when i get going .. i can't stop lol.. so i sure you will fit in great :grin::grin:
    I am new to all of this as i have only been having symptoms since sep and am currently still under investigation, but there are ppl on here full of advice and support who will be able to help in other ways..
    I know the feeling about going on about work... lol.. they drive me mad... was only having a moan on here and the working froum yesterday.. so i sure if you scour through you will find alot of ppl in similar situations..
    I love your positivity too... thats a great thing to have.. :smile:

Take care.
    Look forward to speaking to you soon

For general banter and chit chat.. you can go to either vals cafe or the cane and able(free apple schnapps till 8 lol) they are a great bunch of ppl and certainly take your mind off things and keep you entertained..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • need me bed
    Options
    This Apple Schnapps isn't going to interfere with my meds is it?? :lol:

I met up with a new friend last night and think I may have had a little too much wine if there is such a thing! I certainly felt squiffy and I'm paying for it today... :cry: But boy did I sleep well ha ha so I think I need a couple of days off but i'll will stop by at some point is it your round??

:roll:
    f055.gif

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    I thought that.. drinking n meds?? not necessarily a gd combination lol..
    am in the cane and able now... drinks are on me(but there still free)

joys of a virtual world... n no bad head in the morning either... bliss..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi NMB, hope you are ok, welcome from me too..
    Hope you find your way around, it's a great place to have a vent/rant/laugh/cry/calorie free cake/gina & tonic etc... Lol

See you around... :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • need me bed
    Options
    Hi Tony,

Loving the moves, I bet you look good on the dance floor!!!

:oops: ahem....
    f055.gif

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Tony,

Loving the moves, I bet you look good on the dance floor!!!

:oops: ahem....

Lol... Ta... :grin: Wish I could still bloody dance like that :roll: :lol:
    I am resident DJ on the chit chat forum, pop along and have a boogie to some tunes... It's the "what have you been listening to" thread... :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP