hello there

Aisling
Aisling Member Posts: 11
edited 15. Jan 2011, 05:56 in Say Hello Archive
Just arrived and hoping to share information, ideas and have a good moan! Waiting to see an orthopedic surgeon specifically about 'severe' arthritis in hip but have had fluctuating pain in a variety of joints for years. Previous GP was very dismissive but the new one seems to be taking me seriously

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Morning Aisling, it's nice to meet you. I guess we're talking OA if you are off to an ortho? I have PA, a very different beast, but we all here know and understand about pain, discomfort and the general awkwardness of life. Unfortunately there is not much to be done for OA, one's care is in the hands of the GP and an empathetic one can make a big difference. I saw your other post about the new med, but I have never heard of it (not on it either!) so couldn't reply. I hope it does help, I have had very mixed results from anti-inflammatories, I think they are a little 'curate's egg' in how they work, but we do vary so much in our responses to the drugs: what is good for one won't necessarily work for another. I wish you well and I hope you are having a better day today. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello and welcome from me too!

Glad you have found us and hope you will find the forum a help. I have RA but there are plenty of forum members with OA so you will be in good company. I am pleased you have now found a supportive GP. Makes a big difference I reckon (not that I would know cos mine isn't!!!).

Look forward to seeing you posting.

Love Tilly x
  • Aisling
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Cheers
    Franki
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi aisling
    Welcome to the forum.Also have OA,but in the ankle.
    Am also waiting to see an orthopaedic surgeon,hope they sort us out.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • Aisling
    Thanks Ron. Hope you don't have too long a wait.

Franki