Still a bad day but glad I have a reasonable boss.

Options
bobbyger
bobbyger Member Posts: 155
edited 14. Jan 2011, 10:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Still in pain but as the topic says, I have an understanding boss.
I was really struggling with work today (lots of walking and stairs), my boss saw this and gave me the afternoon off.
I was just wondering how many of you have bosses just as understanding as it does make things a lot easier.
They have also informed me that after my next Op (12 weeks in plaster to look forward to) I will be able to move to an office above ground and only work half days if necessary.
Rob

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    That is fantastic......it must take a load of your mind knowing that you have a boss like that. I'm self employed so that doesnt apply.
    I'm on team at church which involves a lot of standing and walking but the lad in charge of it has had 2 knee replacements so he understands and keeps an eye on me and if he thinks I'm struggling gives me easier jobs that week.
    Love
    Hileena
  • jassie
    jassie Member Posts: 17
    Options
    In my experience, few bosses are understanding of the demands of arthritis I think it's inexcusable in this day and age and makes me want to jump on my soapbox and try to change attitudes. Big up to your boss though and I'm glad you have one of the decent, understanding ones,
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have a brilliant boss, caring, concerned, understanding, doesn't mind how much time I take off - self-employment has much to recommend it. I think, bobbyger, you are in the minority if you have a boss that responds to your difficulites in such a positive and thoughtful way. You are very, very lucky. Healthy people don't understand what we are up against, but why should they? I wish you well with your operation - 12 weeks in plaster will come to an end as time has this annoying habit of passing. I hope the benefit will be worth it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    What a lovely boss you have, I think as dd said you must be one of the lucky few.
    Makes your effort more worthwhile.

take care
    juliepf x
  • Bookseverywhere
    Bookseverywhere Member Posts: 196
    Options
    I run my own business. However, the staff have been wonderful ever since I have been diagnosed (as my partner, who is also my business partner).

Best wishes,
    Kevin.