Calling Dundee!

Options
Redhead59
Redhead59 Member Posts: 17
edited 17. Jan 2011, 16:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm struggling to find any arthritis help/support groups in and around Dundee. I'd love to be able to get in touch with and, hopefully, meet up with other sufferers in my area. Are there any of you out there? :roll:
~ No, I did not trip - the floor just looked like it really needed a hug :( ~

Comments

• Aisling
    Aisling Member Posts: 11
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Does across the water count? I'm new to the site and new to a diagnosis.

Franki
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,506
    Options
    My sister lives there(ish)!

not much help really......i am in Staffordshire :oops:
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi redhead and welcome to the forum :grin:

I'm Scottish too..living in Lanarkshire. Unfortunately that's not near Dundee!

I've posted the link to the AC Scotland page.. if you contact them perhaps they'll be able to tell you where your nearest branch is?

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/InyourArea/Scotland

good luck with your search!

Iris xx
  • Redhead59
    Options
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi redhead and welcome to the forum :grin:

I'm Scottish too..living in Lanarkshire. Unfortunately that's not near Dundee!

I've posted the link to the AC Scotland page.. if you contact them perhaps they'll be able to tell you where your nearest branch is?

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/InyourArea/Scotland

good luck with your search!

Iris xx

Thanks for the welcome Iris :P I've checked out branches of AC in Scotland but there's nothing near to me. There must be a good number of arthritis sufferers in my area though, it's just working out how to get in touch? Time to put my thinking cap on ... :roll:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,506
    Options
    I have met several people off here you know....

follow the usual advice when meeting strangers though - you know public place an take someone with you....??? Is there a cafe you could suggest?

I found it really really lovely to chat to others in the same boat as me.

Love

Toni xx
  • Aisling
    Aisling Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Although I'm from Fife I'll be seeing the consultant at Ninewells - not sure if they might have info about support groups there?
  • Redhead59
    Options
    Thanks toni, I'd always be careful about meeting strangers, there are some weird folks about!! :roll:

And thanks too Aisling, I'm guessing Ninewells should have some info re support groups in the area, I'm on to that!! :P