Options
2»

Comments

• Lauren.-321
    Lauren.-321 Member Posts: 41
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'll do that :)

Hope things are alright with you today !

Lauren xx
    Lauren 8)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi lauren, how are things going now? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Lauren.-321
    Options
    Hello :) Ok, better than before.. I've not heard from ortho yet.

Thanks for asking, how about you?

Lauren xx
    Lauren 8)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Let's just say that things have been better, but I do thank you for asking. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Lauren.-321
    Options
    I've just iced my knees and now im sitting with my hot water bottle and will be heading to bed soon. I'll be sure to post when I get the appoitment for ortho!

Hope things keep getting better,

Lauren xx
    Lauren 8)
  • loopylou94
    loopylou94 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Hey lauren
    I'm laura and I'm 16 ive just been through the exact same process and when the GP asked about my medical history and i said that my dad has arthritis even though it is different to the type i have recently (under a month) been diagnosed with. It cant just be that you have different symptons. Try writing a diary about all of your aches and pains and how severe they are then tell your GP about your concerns about arthritis.This is how i go t my GP to understand how severe the pain is. Hope you are having a good half term and i hope this helps.
    Hope you get this sorted.
    loopylou94
    xxxx :smile:
    loopy lou :)
  • Lauren.-321
    Options
    Hi Laura, thank you for the reply but sorry your having a hard time too!

I was at the phisio today and he says my problem is not a form of arthritis but I have laxed ligaments. This along with being flat footed and my knee cap being rotated inwards is apparently what's causing the pain and the swelling but because It's been happening for so long, over two years, it's going to be hard to sort. It also causes secondary pain in my hips and back!

I have no idea though how this causes so much swelling and my fingers and toes have also been swollen? I'm just happy that this can be corrected with time and the right treatment but it's really getting me down at the moment.

Anyway, I hope that now you've been diagnosed they can help you with your pain and discomfort! I'm Scottish so we don't have half term just now but I hope you enjoy yours and aren't in too much pain!

Lauren xx
    Lauren 8)
  • loopylou94
    Options
    Hi Lauren
    I'm really plesed they have diagnosed you with something that can be sorted.I hope your not in to much pain. Dont let it get you down. Keep smiling things will get better. :smile:
  • Lauren.-321
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I decided a couple a weeks ago to stop feeling sorry for myself and stop moaning and it's going really well! I didn't really have a reason and I'm feeling a lot better now.

I hope you're as good as you can be and enjoying your half term!

Lauren xx
    Lauren 8)
  • loopylou94
    Options
    Hi Lauren
    My half term has been pretty quiet but that has been quite nice. I have also decuded im going to stop feeling sorry for myself and pull myself together and get on with it because there are plenty of people who are worse off than me.
    Hope things are as good as they can be with you xxx