work too stressful

cthornley
cthornley Member Posts: 627
Apologies winge coming

Today I felt like packing it all in

once again i've got a demanding and unreasonable client, unfeasible workload and a ton of stress
I'm working in an industry thats in freefall thanks to the recession, work is tight so we should be grateful for what we get but why does it all have to be so awful
Nothing I do for my client is good enough even tho they demanded that I prove how qualified I was (which I am btw), they contradict everything I say and change everything despite telling me that the ridiculous deadlines cannot be moved
I worked over xmas and every evening since and its still not good enough!!!! My joints are more than complaining but I can't have a day off or i'll just get more behind, I'm shattered and spent the afternoon trying not to cry as I felt myself drowning
Huge redundancies in the industry mean a lot of my friends are losing their jobs so I can't moan to them as the standard riposte is "well at least you've got a job"
Which I am grateful for but frankly its driving me nuts
My boss has got me somebody to assist with some stuff but frankly we're all under pressure
I'm just sick of it and wish I could wake up in the morning and it would all be gone......which I hate because generally I love my career
arghhhhhhhh
Right well heres metaphorical fingers crossed that the office blows up / washes away / gets struck by lightning overnight
I'm off to try and get some sleep if the RA pain and stress induced insomnia + toddler will let me
:cry:
Chrissie

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    oh Chrissie, i don't think you have anything to apologise about!

you rant away love, it is one of the best parts about this forum I think ..... knowing that there will be someone who gets why it is so hard to just do the simplest things.

Look after yourself as much as you can, and sometimes a good cry helps to release the stress and the tension so you can then face getting back to work.

sorry I can't hammer some understanding and reason into your client so the best I can offer is a wonky hug basket, which refills itself constantly so it will never ever run out.

hugs ((((((((((((()))))))))))))))
    Wonky xxx
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    oh delboy if only I did it for the financial reward hahahahaha
    Unfortunatly its the nature of being in my chosen career at the moment (highest levels of unemployment in professionals) and wouldn't really help to be self employed
    I just need to ride through the storm and get to the other side
    Discussed it with some others at work today and they've agreed that i'm doing all i can. Its always been a struggle but i'm so proud of getting where I am and i'd be heartbroken to step back from it its just hard when you work sooooo hard and its not appreciated

I've packed it in for tonight and i'll do only a tiny bit this wkend and concentrate on relaxing as much as being mum to a toddler can...I am lucky in that i'm getting lots of kisses better :smile:
    and a nice glass of wine is helping forget my troubles for this evening

I'm sure i'll get past it, its just gonna be a rough ride for a bit
    :???:
    thanks for your comments
    Chrissie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Don't let one idiot of a client destroy all that you have achieved. They are sooooo not worth that. Their job will come to an end:just grit your teeth and grind on through, hopefully they will be succeeded by much better, kinder, more pleasant clients. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I so admire you young Mums who manage to juggle work, children and arthritis. I’d to stop work after my first, got my second in before my courage deserted me and never managed to get back to paid work. As DD says, don’t let one very demanding client allow you to feel you’re not up to it. You’re doing brilliantly, Chrissie. Just keep taking the many kisses and odd glass of the wine.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright