Rheumy Monday

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Tony what a mess!, why on earth say one thing one appt and then change their mind the next? I know what u mean re forgetting the things they say etc I'm the same, I'm tempted to record the whole appt on my phone when I go on 31st! I always come away thinking of questions. I'm sorry it didn't go well and that you are left with more questions than answers, hang in there you may do better with the Rheumy nurse anyway. All the best Poppy X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I said same to OH regarding rheumy nurse, hopefully easier to talk to and get some sense from.. My OH will be blunt but polite, she'll get some answers hopefully.. Oh well, I've not let it get me down though, not much does.. Lol :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Oh Tony...I am sorry you had a none appointment....thats what I call them...when you know they want to be somewhere else.
    Like you say, best not to dwell on it, focus on writing everything down for your rheumy...has well has taking your OH....Good Luck with everything
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    I am so sorry you had such a rubbish appt today Tony. Like the others have said, hopefully you will get more sense out of the nurse and if you take OH with you at least you will have "back up".

Love Tillyxxx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Toni,

Sorry to hear your appointment didn't go to well..
    They always end up baffling us in someway..
    I have a diary that i keep a track of my symptoms and appointments etc as my memory is awful.. I have tried writing a list of questions before... had a quick glance at them before i go in, then hey presto it all goes out my head.. so unless i say hey doc you mind pausing a sec so i can relay you a set of questions i might aswell give up lol...
    I would suggest you write some questions down before your next appointment and maybe you can do better than me at asking lol...
    Hope this hasn't dampened your spirits too much,
    Keep us posted..
    Take care
    Tracy.xxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,772
    delboy wrote:
    Oi, watch where you're groping.

Oops sorry Del :oops:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,772
    Oh tony :sad:

that sounds like total pants :sad:

I am so sorry...think I was busy when you were lost for words.....sorry....

Serioulsy though I am very unimpressed for you, but convinced you will get a better response from the rheumy nurse which also tends to suggest you have NOT been discharged.

Sleep on it and all will feel better in the morning.... I never go to appts without my husband - if he cannot come I take me bro :grin:

Take care

Love

Toni xx
  • tjt6768
    Thanks once again folks.. Really appreciate the support :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Toni,

Sorry I am late to this.

I not surprised your confused... i wonder whats changed between him saying one kind and now oa? Mind its good your coming off the hydroxy if that's doing your appetite in.

I guess he might be waiting to see if its the carpel tunnel and confirm a non stereo type before using the other drugs..... If it is degeneration it would show up on xray so when you do go back ask for one if you haven't had one.

If you don't go back for months ask your gp if they could arrange one, it might help to know whats actually going on there. Or if the ortho comes through first ask then as well.....

its easy to not ask the right questions and also forget a lot of what is said. For me only key words stay in my brains memory now days....... I wait for the letter to see what he was on about but don't always get a letter. Then i just wait till I see him again :roll:

Hope the pain soon abates and you get a decent night. and sorry I was late. Cris x
  • tjt6768
    cheers Del, Chris...
    Frustrating thing is how he was the one showing me the spacing in my wrists... Just strange. Never mind eh? Lol
    I think I might be happier if it was carpal tunnel... If you know what I mean?! Haha

Right, be back later on..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Morning tony
    Sorry about the appointment yesterday....you have confused me too :lol:
    I hope you were able to sleep fairly well and today you feel not too bad.
    I hope that the appointment with the nurse is more informative.
    I could never go to an appointment without OH as sometimes as the person is talking to me I am so baffled / upset i miss parts of the conversation. I end up then asking OH questions afterwards.
    Glad your OH will be there next time.
    Take care
    juliepf x
  • jayneys
    jayneys Member Posts: 122
    Hi Tony Hope all gose well on monday.Iremember the 70s.discos blue lights ,danceing round hand bags,motown lovely days i was sixteen that year. all the best Jayne
  • tjt6768
    Thanks Jayne, my appointment was yesterday, lol..
    I appreciate you joining in though hun.. Now all I can bloody picture in my mind is a mirror ball! Haha
    Cheers, hope you're well today. :grin:

jayneys wrote:
    Hi Tony Hope all gose well on monday.Iremember the 70s.discos blue lights ,danceing round hand bags,motown lovely days i was sixteen that year. all the best Jayne
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Im sorry I missed all this
    & Im sorry you had a crap appointment (can I say that?)
    Talk abt confusing
    Ive had carpal tunnell decompression both hands at same time in Nov & Im getting better by the day If they want you to have the op dont get both done at same time like I did! It was a nightmare! but Im glad its done
    Wish you had a more caring rhuemy
    Im seeing mine on thurs so lets see what he says
    You can always ask for a 2nd opinion or get your Gp to refer you to another one
    Take care keep warm
    Maria x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    tjt6768 wrote:

I'm back from my rheumy appointment and am more confused now than when I went in to be honest... This may take a while to type as I'm using the phone so I don't have to stand at the pc.. He's now totally turned around on what he said initially about the lack of spacing in my wrists even though he pointed it out to me on the xrays.. He then started going on about how my knees are bad and there are calcium deposits showing on the xray I had done beginning of last year, erm, no **** sherlock, I could have told him that was the case which is why I'm waiting to see the orthopaedic triage folk...I told him about how much pain I was in with my hands and that I get pins and needles a lot, and pretty severe too in both hands. He said he'd do a nerve study to make sure there is no nerve compression, if there is they'll try some injections.. He then wrote down on the form carpal tunnel syndrome.... I asked him, is it sero negative arthur in my wrists, he ummed and aaghed a bit then said, well yes but it looks more degenerative.... And went on about something with my bloody knees again... I just wanted to thump him by then.. I have an appointment in two months with the rheumy nurse so I can get the results of the nerve thing, so I assume that'll be done within two months... Looks liked I'm not going back to see him now... I'm puzzled.... I think OH will be coming with me in two months, as I have no memory or concentration I never ask the right questions if any at all.. oh is awesome at tackling doctors though. lol

So I'm really no wiser at the moment, I do understand why he is doing the nerve test and checking for carpal tunnel, but why the 360 on the spacing issue.. He was the one that brought it up originally. Also told him that not long after starting the hydroxy my appetite started to disappear and I've lost almost a stone and a half, when I first saw him he wad insistent on me starting the hydroxy straight away and it would be long term, when I asked if it could be that causing the problem, he just said, oh, it could be, just stop taking them, see if that helps, doesn't look like they're doing anything for you anyway.. No mention of a replacement or anything. I think he wanted his din dins...

I hope the above makes sense..

Thanks again for coming with me, you could have piped up though when I was stuck for words, lol...

:grin:

Well Tony at least he is concerned about your nerve damage as he is sorting out an immediate appointment and possible treatment with injections. He obviously wanted to concerntrate on your knee damage, despite it being on oldish x-ray and wanted to talk about that. I am surprised he didn't send you off for fresh x-rays on the knees if it concerned him so.
    Weight loss doesn't seem to concern them as many patients have this symptom. It took me several years to get referred for a scan just incase it was something more sinister. Still mention it to rheummy nurse in 2 months as she may have a different attitude towards weight loss. He mentioned hydroxy not helping you so he knows you're not improving all round. I would have thought he would try you on something else in its place.
    I imagine you see him on a regular basis so better ask rheummy nurse why no next appointment was set up.

all the best, sorry I couldn't do pocket duties but I had a date with my surgeon which I had forgotten about until Friday as appt set up 6 months ago!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    A date with your surgeon eh Elizabeth, did he take you somewhere romantic??? Lol

I will have many questions ready for my Rheumy nurse appointment, lol... I hope she doesn't want to rush off for her lunch, haha...

Thanks Elizabeth...

Thanks to you Maria too... If it is carpal then hopefully the injections he mentioned will do the trick.. I have had the nerve conduction test many years ago but in my calves... Not that I am bothered by needles :shock: :lol: Bring em on :???: :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I wish. Sadly my date was him looking at my very revealing x-rays! I had to hide my blushes. Still he was the guy who replaced my hip so guess he's seen it all anyway!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Be well hun.. Gotta log off and start dismantling the pc to move it all around, woohoo, that'll be fun... :roll:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Be careful, I have a vague idea of what that entails. I quite like you in one piece, tjt6768, and I think you quite like it too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Tony,

coming in late to your rheummy appointment results. :shock: :eek: :???: how confusing and frustrating was that!!!

At least he's arranging for the nerve tests which will help with diagnosing if it's carpel tunnel or not. :wink: If it is.. then they'll do something to alleviate the pain.
    If it's not ... then you could/ should ask the rheummy nurse to refer you back to his clinic to see him again .... surely then he'd want you to have x rays etc :?:
    Getting the right diagnosis is a process of elimination and a test of our endurance sometimes!

Stick to your guns Tony. You are entitled to know what's happening with your wrists.

Hope you haven't overdone it now with taking apart the PC. :eek:

Iris xxx
  • jayneys
    Tony im so sorry .JAYNE
  • tjt6768
    jayneys wrote:
    Tony im so sorry .JAYNE

:lol: I forgive you!! :grin:

DD. I'm still in one piece, I half changed my mind about doing it but then thought **** it, got it done now, just need to alter the extension so it reaches properly and I am set..

Iris, thanks hun, my OH won't let them get away with fobbing me off even if they tried!! :shock: :lol:

Be well everyone :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Well done to you, Tony, I hope it is in a better place for you now and easier for you to use.

janeys? Don't worry about mis-understanding, you cared enough to post an answer and that was lovely - that's the bit that matters. I hope you have had a better day today. DD
  • jayneys
    Thanks DD I do care. JAYNE X
  • dreamdaisy
    I know, it takes time to find one's feet, yes? I was very new to this last April, this is my first ever forum (it's now one of two!) and it is a scary thing at first. There is a lot to sort out, remember and organise. Please feel free to send me a private message, that's a PM, anytime you want, and I promise you I will reply. Tell you what, I will send you one now: when you next log on, hopefully you will see at the top of the screen, where, underneath Forum Beta it lists 'Logout', 'User Control Panel' etc, it will also say '1 new message'. Click on that, it will take you to another screen and you will see the title of the message, click on that and you will be able to read it. Have a bash at doing a reply - I am sure someone can help. If not, tell me on the forum and I will PM you again with help, I hope. DD