Tank chair

Options
livinglegend
livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
edited 19. Jan 2011, 08:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
I don't think I would want to see one of those in use by some of the suicidal buggy drivers around here.

Fine for off-road as intended, but down a crowded high street pavement in the hands of a nutter?????? Agggghhhhhhhh, run for it! Well, limp quickly anyway.
Josephm0310.gif

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Read in the paper about a guy getting fined for riding a Segway, one of those two wheel balance machines. Can't use it on the pavement as it is classified as a vehicle, can't use it on the road as it does not fit into the DVLA system who just want to ban all cars and drivers in whatever way they can. What a bunch of thickoes, welcome to the UK, 2011.

Mps are so busy fiddling their expenses or ensuring their friends waste our money that nothing can get done. What a load of useless :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    A woman on a mobility scooter ran over my foot recently. When I shouted out in pain, she went into reverse and ran over it again :!: :shock: This was bad enough, so I dread to think what it would have been like if it had been a tank chair :shock: The woman didn't even apologise, and she looked accusingly at me as though it was all my fault.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    I think the system is a bit daft and I’m in no way surprised some numpty at the dvla is sticking their oar in - common sense should be used - Its 1 chair not millions, if the bloke who owns it can't use it with care prosecute him for nuisance rather than force him through an inappropriate system.

I already have a problem with the DVLA and licences anyway - I have never been able to understand why we have to renew our passports every 10 yrs yet the licence that allows us to operate a piece of machinery easily able to kill ourselves or others we only have to get it once (ok you have to fill out a form and get it signed once your very old but they automatically renewed my grandfathers every time even though he had to get age concern to help fill out the form as the family said if he couldn’t fill out the form then he couldn’t drive :shock: )
    This is not a logical way to go about things and if you look at the quality of a lot of the drivers on the road then you can see that the current system has big problems

opinionated rant over
    Chrissie