Options
BoleynBlue
BoleynBlue Member Posts: 40
edited 19. Jan 2011, 07:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, I am new to this forum and was diagnosed with what my Doctor now believes is Gout four months ago, Daisy advised me to repost in this forum too to see if my story sounds right.

For over ten years I have suffered with pain in my hip and back, the pain would always move around and my Doctors would tell me that the pain I have was caused by poor posture, despite blood tests revealing inflammation.
I joined a new Doctor Six months ago after having a new bout of pain in my hip, the Doctor told me that enough was enough, as he could see from my records that this was a long term problem for me. after ordering more blood tests he told me that he believes I have gout and has put me on Allopurinol.
I have not seen any difference yet as I am still getting pain, and this has got to the stage now where I am in pain every day, getting in and out of bed is particulary bad.

I dont think that this will ever go now, and some days I find it really hard to cope with the pain, and I feel as though I cant do the things I really enjoy such as walking, gardening etc my daughter wants us to learn to horse ride together which is a definate no no for me.

When I am walking I can also feel my hips clicking and clunking, does that sound right. Oh and on top of that I keep getting a trapped nerve in my back, the Doctor told me this is caused by a nerve poking out of the discs. I feel in a bit of a mess to be honest.

I hope to chat to you all soon

BoleynBlue xx

Comments

• jennylynn
    jennylynn Member Posts: 101
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi boleynblue,

welcome to the forum, there are loads of really lovely people on here with lots of different types of arthur and arthur related conditions, so i'm sure someone will have experienced similar symptoms. Its always difficult when you havent had a diagnosis isnt it? makes it harder to understand whats going on in your body and why you are in so much pain.
    Unfortunately its a condition that affects us all in lots of different ways. So sorry this isnt very helpful is it really? just wanted to aknowledge what you had written and take the time to wish you well. Keep updating so people can advise, even if its just to vent when you feel low the forum is a wonderful place.

Jennyx
    Jennyx

kittens.jpg?1295453358
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning BoleynBlue, I hope you are as OK today as you can be. I know I have answered elsewhere but I thought I'd say hello! I've been thinking about what you wrote and I think perhaps you do need to ask your doctor a few more questions, he hasn't fobbed you off, as such, but things just don't add up to me - but then I am not a doc so I don't really know. It just doesn't seem/feel right, is all.

I like your name - I am thinking it's either a shade of blue in the painter's canon or a type of cheese. Am I close with either guess? I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • BoleynBlue
    Options
    Thank you both for the reply.
    Dream daisy the name comes from-
    Boleyn- because I love everything tudor, and my favourite football teams ground is called the Boleyn.

Blue- is a short version of my surname.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah, I was musing further whilst in the shower: could have been a breed of cattle, a type of cat or hamster, but not a snake or beetle. All things Tudor, eh? That is an absolutely fascinating period of our history, we have a few Wolsey things here in my neck of the woods (Ipswich) but the wonderful gate named after him is in a dreadful state of repair. I have told the Council (a couple of times) to ditch the pretty flowers on the numerous roundabaouts here and use the money saved to preserve the gate. Apparently the roundabouts win.

I cannot place a team to the name Boleyn, I am sorry. I hope you have a better day today. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • BoleynBlue
    Options
    Thank you dd, I hope that you have a good day too x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Morning Boleyn, hope you are ok today and not suffering too much in this dreadful cold weather... It is very frosty here in West Yorkshire....

Have a good day whatever you decide to do..

:grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the forum
    I think you should go back to your gps with a list of what you wnt to say.the trouble is we go to see our gps and forget what we were going to say.
    You really need a proper diagnosis, it does take a while, but you should at least had x rays done.
    I have OA in multiple joints, and recently one of them is my big toe, I am told this is not gout but inflammation...not so sure but there you go, GPs are very busy, so you have around 5 mins or less to get across how you are feeling, and what your worst symptoms are.
    I do wish you well, and please let us know how you get on.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning boleynblue

welcome to the forum from me too, can't give advice on hip as I have RA sorry.
    Hope you are feeling not too bad today.
    Take care
    look forward to reading your posts
    juliepf x
  • BoleynBlue
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcome.

I did have an xray on my back about 3 years ago, I cant remember if this was hips too, but I dont remember hips being done just my back.

I have an appointment with the Doctor in a few weeks so I will go over my problems again.

Thanks again.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,486
    Options
    Hi Boelynblue

welcome to the forum from me :grin: I do hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Your story is an interesting one (much like your username!) and one which i rcekon still need investigating.

Xrays only show what is happneing now - today. So if your bones are starting to wear then it may only show on later
    xrays. I had back issues for years - trapped nerves so I was told etc. Eventually over 20 years after the first problems I had to have surgery on it and have permanent nerve damage in my foot and other bits.

As you seem to have a good doc now maybe he/she will send you for some up to date ones?

My MIL had xrays on her hip and 2 years later I made her go back and she had them again and had hip replacement within 3 months.

Anyway - good to meet you

Love

toni xx
  • BoleynBlue
    Options
    Thanks Toni, I am going to be asking the doctor some more questions when I go back to see him.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,486
    Options
    Well done!

Will be interested to hear how you get on.

Love

toni xx