Half a Job Legs

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 21. Jan 2011, 13:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
I could scream with frustration because I only ever do half a job! :roll:
    Cleaning the bathroom – no way can I do the bath.
Half a job.
Cleaning the loo – can't do under the bowl and pedestal. Half a job.
Vacuuming 1 – can't change the tools so muck in crevices. Half a job.
Vacuuming 2 – can't move furniture so I go round it. Half a job.
Cooking 1 – can't peel or chop onions. Half a job.
Cooking 2 – can't lift hot, heavy cookware. Half a job.
Dusting – can't reach high or low. Half a job.
Showering – can't reach hair. Half a job.
Combing hair – can only do the front (even with long handled comb). Half a job.
Sleeping – half a night only. Half a job.
Lovemaking ……………………..well let's not go there :oops: :wink:

Many years ago I asked hubby if he had another woman and his quick reply was, "You've got to be joking I've got more than enough with half a woman" :shock: ........says it all really. :lol::lol:

Am I alone or are you like it too?
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    gosh this rings some bells. never manage to finnish things these days. but will keep trying and trying might manage things soon but will not hold my breath have to save enough energy for work in an afternoon.
    val
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Ah I'm completely the same! I go around the house starting jobs and leaving chaos in my wake because I haven't had the energy to finish it!
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hey Legs I think your one nice lady and in no way are you half a woman.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    know exactly how you feel, tried to change the beds earlier, but only got half done, as I could not move. It is frustrating beyond belief, to say the very least.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Well half a job done is better than none :!:

I think I used to be Superwoman in another life when I remember all the things I used to be able to do, but now I try to pace myself so that I don't overdo things. My philosophy is that life's too short to worry too much about housework anyway. I do what I can, and then get someone else to do what I can't.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Hi Legs,

I know what you mean about only doing half a job - I blame arthur for half of my problem and my appalling memory for the other half.

I am certain that since taking all these meds over the past few years I have become absolutely vacuous upstairs! I only do half a job on most things because I forget to do the rest!

I can be in the middle of anything and as soon as I put something down/turn it off etc. I just totter off to find something else to fiddle with leaving a trail of chaos in my wake!

I'm 34 now, goodness knows what I will be like in a few years!

Arna x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh I empathise, legs, but I reckon that half a job being done is better than no job being even attempted. Pride is at stake here, the choice is either fight or cede. Fight is the answer for me, every time, and you too, I think. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Oh yes Linda I do my best but there is always something I can't manage like putting the hoover away, lifting the heavy pots to fill with water,same as you with the loo,reaching into the tumble dryer to get the clothes out.I hat asking others to do it for me. Deep down I am superwoman too but that just frustrates me now that I need to ask for help.

Your not an Aries are you?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Oh yes! That's me too!

For me as an added 'bonus', I can only do half a job on dressing, :shock:

But it's ok, as hubby does the other half, but which half does he do and which half do I do? I'll leave you guessing on that one!

The people that matter don't care if we only do half a job anyway

Janie
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi Legs,
    Totally understand, I manage to get the important stuff done as and when I can, I then delegate 'jobs' out to my children on a pocket money sweetener basis! Costing me a fortune but the do a bloomin good job!. Poppy X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi legs
    it made me smile reading your post cause i too am the same :smile:
    I even only make half a cuppa so I dont spill it :lol:
    have a good day
    juliepf x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Legs, great news – I think my house has found its long lost twin. The clean bits of my house are basically those that lie 2”-4” above ground level and 1” deep. Beyond those areas don’t look. Please don’t look. (I’ve found a closed door is often the best solution though husbands do have a knack of leaving them wide open – the greater the mess, the wider the door.)

My husband device (mentioned in the ‘Simple ideas’ thread) is great for hair-washing but difficult to programme for loos, baths, corners and especially skirting boards. I go round waving a flimsy, long handled duster at things which really require the elbow grease of a dozen non-arthritic elbows. My knees (stainless steel, the strongest bits of me) are permanently covered in bruises as I always use them for moving furniture.

My comb was given to me years ago by an occupational therapist during a hospital stay. It’s nothing like the usual disability ones but I can still use it.
    Luckily I’ve always been good at sleeping, especially since we got the memory foam mattress. Lovemaking? Well, it definitely aint what it used to be but we’re not ready for single beds yet.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Legs

I loved it

'half a job' Brilliant and rang a few bells with me too and no doubt a lot of us.

Having said that I am 100% with Colin on this one....you are one lovely and WHOLE woman :grin:

Love

toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Legs
    Sorry you have made my day....yippee I am not on my own...the thing is I used to have a cleaning job :roll:
    No way are you half a women....you are my hero :lol:
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options
    have I got this mixed up with ovens? .....1. o/h bacon o/m/g........shoves the grill right up against the element errrr grr errrr :evil :evil :evil :evil no no NO..... COOL DOWN WIPE CLEAN ..... start again line grill pan ,make sure grill is red bacon will cook beautifully on the 2nd slot .....when making toast o/h ...please dont start an argument about ??????? just concentrate on not burning toast. microwave splish/splash /aplog. wipe with dish cloth almost now. ................oh sorry forgot should oven get dirty when still hot get cloth on end of long kitchen thingy wipe round bottom and sides of oven ................drink brandy........ now then toilets put loads of andrex down pan prior to anything thats not wee ............and toilet should remain cleanish for ages . cleanse tone moisturise. much more important bathroom sinks tell other half when shaving etc to remember to rinse said sink and in summer please dont wash feet in the WASH HAND BASIN ............more tips but guess my point is prevention is better than... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Hi Tinks...you do make me laugh...I love the having a break for brandy....can we have babysham with it :lol::lol::lol:
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Barbara , well discard the rubber gloves we can definately have brandy with the babycham in the middle of the afternoon to goodness we are a bad bunch :lol::lol::lol: xxxxTinkerbelle
    I used to be a good girl......blame arthur for everything I do :lol::lol::lol: see you later GKs are shouting for there tea...
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Well Val, Stlucia, Bubbles, Joan and DD we also have to bear in mind the old Chinese proverb that 'Person with clean house has wasted life' :shock:

Colin, Toni, Barbara and Lynn thanks for the compliment but also bear in mind Lynn that I could grown spuds behind my furniture. :lol:

Julie try a straw then you can enjoy a full cuppa :wink:

Sticky - Hi partner :|

Tinkerbelle - thanks for the tips with a rant :shock:

Elizabeth, yes I'm an Aries, you must be too. :grin:

Arna Don't worry 34 and a vacuous brain it's probably your hormones :lol:

Janie, you reminded me - I'm only half a dresser/undresser too - hubby's now able to do both in his sleep :oops:

and Poppy - the pocket money thing worked too when my boys were little but now they're adults and I can't afford their rates :roll:

Thanks for your input everyone - I'm so glad I'm not on my own on this one ............must go, got half a house to clean a045.gif
    Love, Legs x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Boring women have immaculate homes. 'Nuff said. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Legs,

right there with you..... and I can't sweep properly so half the job and that's making a problem... then there's mopping half buckets of water and don't even start me on half the chicken shed... Oh the sheep shed I have to pay someone to do cus i can't :roll:

I so understand your frustration flower..... I get it a lot.

Cooking..... not so easy eh?

Hey one thing your not half on ... your never half a friend and that means a lot! Love Cris who must at least try to sleep cus she got a 5 am start... wouldn;t want to be her waker upper :wink: xxx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi Cris,

I can well understand you doing half a job because you do a million more jobs than me in the first place and 24 hours can't be a long enough day for you :shock:

Hope you got some restful, quality sleep before you attacked your mountain of chores today.

Lots of love
    Love, Legs x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    HA Linda I am a pisces, an emotional wreck can't you tell by my threads? My OH is an aries and he never finishes anything (well only one thing) but he doesn't have arthritis as a reason. Aries are also stubborn and bossy...........is that you?

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    HA Linda I am a pisces, an emotional wreck can't you tell by my threads? My OH is an aries and he never finishes anything (well only one thing) but he doesn't have arthritis as a reason. Aries are also stubborn and bossy...........is that you?

Elizabeth x

I'm defo bossy Elizabeth, though I like to label it 'assertive' :lol: but I'm not stubborn.

.........now what is it your OH finishes .......it could be his dinner I suppose? :wink:
    Love, Legs x
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    Options
    OMG! legs, so loved your post,to me you sound like a really positive whole woman.I so agree with you,but just took someone like you to say it as it is :smile: Half a job,is a better than no job!!! carry on as you are! Take care in the process :wink: Mirabella
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Thanks Mirabella .......I agree that half a job is better than no job at all but just for a change routine and to make chores less boring it would be so exciting to do the half I can't do and decide to leave the ones I can !!!!!!!!

I'm off up to my half-made bed which is a bit crumpled 'cos I can't pull the covers up tight :lol::lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    G'night Linda, hope you get a half decent nights sleep :???: :shock: :lol:

x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP