Ideas to help ankle pain

Options
2»

Comments

• jemjem1983
    jemjem1983 Member Posts: 4
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Post deleted as it directly contravenes the house rules re advertising for personal gain via this forum.

YEH
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There are many natural anti-inflammatories, not just AV, and if they were really that effective this forum would not exist - we would running around like three year olds thanks to our ayurvedic therapies etc. I have a friend with OA who is incensed that it's spreading, despite religiously swigging her AV every morning. I just grin. LIke most of these altenative/complemetary things I reckon it's for those who like to think they have problems, not for those who actually do. If it works for you, fine, but I am guessing you do not have any form of arthritis, just a product to sell. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    There are many natural anti-inflammatories, not just AV, and if they were really that effective this forum would not exist - we would running around like three year olds thanks to our ayurvedic therapies etc. I have a friend with OA who is incensed that it's spreading, despite religiously swigging her AV every morning. I just grin. LIke most of these altenative/complemetary things I reckon it's for those who like to think they have problems, not for those who actually do. If it works for you, fine, but I am guessing you do not have any form of arthritis, just a product to sell. DD

Couldn't agree more... xxxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It was probably genuinely meant to help but we on here are all beyond that kind of gentle tickling of our symptoms, methinks. DD
  • traluvie
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It was probably genuinely meant to help but we on here are all beyond that kind of gentle tickling of our symptoms, methinks. DD

I agree and if i were to try something like that i would get it from my local shop H****d and B****t somewhere i trust...
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Can anyone tell me where I have put my copper bangle? :grin:
  • jemjem1983
    jemjem1983 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Post deleted as it directly contravenes the house rules re advertising for personal gain via this forum.

YEH
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    Tracy
    One thing I do know having had both ankles operated on, is that if you have an x ray done, and the gap between the joint is no longer there, steroid injections are no longer an option. Alanthemanc
  • amielizzie
    amielizzie Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Hiya,
    I suffer from arthritis in my ankle and I have to say do not dismiss the hot water bottle i find when you go to bed sometimes it is uncomfortable to keep it elevated all night so a hot water bottle to rest it on works wonders! Either use something cold to numb it or something warm to soothe it! Also keep it elevated as much as possible! remember above your heart! :smile:
    I'm on tramadol and diclofenac painkillers but also take paracetamol, the cocktail seems to work for a while. I'm afraid my main advice is the keep off of it when you're experiencing trouble! And take a heavy dose of painkillers! I completely understand how much of a pain it is in everyway! it immobilises you! But something warm on it is a real help! Ive tried deep heat and found out i was allergic so can't suggest that stuff but you could give it a try!
    :smile:Amie :smile:
  • traluvie
    Options
    amielizzie wrote:
    Hiya,
    I suffer from arthritis in my ankle and I have to say do not dismiss the hot water bottle i find when you go to bed sometimes it is uncomfortable to keep it elevated all night so a hot water bottle to rest it on works wonders! Either use something cold to numb it or something warm to soothe it! Also keep it elevated as much as possible! remember above your heart! :smile:
    I'm on tramadol and diclofenac painkillers but also take paracetamol, the cocktail seems to work for a while. I'm afraid my main advice is the keep off of it when you're experiencing trouble! And take a heavy dose of painkillers! I completely understand how much of a pain it is in everyway! it immobilises you! But something warm on it is a real help! Ive tried deep heat and found out i was allergic so can't suggest that stuff but you could give it a try!
    Thanks for your info . . Really appreciate it. I take same painkillers as you. Have now got ankle supports and deep heat. Every little bit extra helps. X x