Would a woman admit to ...........

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 23. Jan 2011, 16:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
Having her hair done at TESCO'S.
I have just read that Tesco's are going into the £5.billion, hair and beauty sector.
Now, if you were at a party, and someone said, " you look nice, where did you get your hair done ".
Would you admit it, or would you say, " Oh I went to Nicky Clark ", or some top stylist. Alanthemanc

Comments

• alanthemanc
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    To me, it just doesn't sound right, " oh I went to Tesco's ".
  • jacqmun
    jacqmun Member Posts: 65
    Options
    I would have no problem saying "Tesco's"....I do love a bargain!!!!! :grin:
    When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I'm not a hairdresser snob, so I would go to Tesco if it was any good and a reasonable price. Clubcard points too :grin: Every little helps, as they say :!: Hope I wouldn't come out with blue and white stripes though :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Joan
    I'm still not convinced, Women and their hair is quite an emotive subject. I've known women take 4 hours to get every curl in the right place.
    Maybe there's a bit of snobbery involved, at least you could say " Oh, I went to Tesco's, Its much more upmarket than Aldi."
    God help anyone who goes to Aldi, you'd come out with a short back and sides, hahahhah. Alanthemanc
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I guess it would depend on a) the cost and b) how many CC points one would get! It wouldn't bother me, I have to say, but then 'dragged thro a hedge backwards' adequately describes the look of DD's thatch. I must admit I don't understand the fuss that some women make about hair cuts and who does it or the huge amounts of money they can spend on colouring etc (and still get it so badly wrong). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    D.D.
    What if you sat in the chair and noticed out of the corner of your eye that...... they had got some kid off shelf stacking because it was packed out. They grabbed the scissors and ........
    ............. oops, ( get me a lawyer ) Alanthemanc
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    No I don't think I would go to Tescos. Part of the hairdressing treat is peace and quiet, tittle tattle about relationships and magazines! I don't think I would get that at Tescos.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Alan

I'm with Elizabeth on this one

Not for me....

Having said that...DD's comment about CC points was funny :lol:

Je suis un snob :oops:

Love

Toni xx
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Elizabeth
    Frog
    Dead right, here;s you lot having your locks done, and then a pallet of beans crashes 20 ft the floor( cue pandemonium).
    Can't see you avin your barnet done in those conditions. Alanthemanc
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    I wonder if they will have a sort of Tesco's version of Dale Winton, running the salon, you never know. :grin::grin::grin::grin: Alanthemanc
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Well Alan....

every little helps eh???

Toni xx :grin:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I wouldn't go to Tescos either, I agree with Elizabeth and Toni, having my hair done is a real treat. I always think it worth spending money on your hair as it's on show all the while unlike a piece of clothing ......unless you wear a hat of course :lol:

Do you have your hair done anywhere special Alan?
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I wouldn't go to tesco for my hair doing cause when the other supermarkets hear of this they will do the same so It would be cheaper at morrisons :lol:

juliepf x
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    I think some would admit to it and some wouldn't, like a lot of things, really, it all depends on the person and who they are talking to.

Personally, I get far more compliments about my hair if I leave it curly and do nothing with it than when I spend half an hour straightening it... so I don't really need to tell anyone WHERE it was "done".

Nxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I don't know Alan, some of the snobs we have on here eh? Haha..

I go to Iceland for mine doing! :shock: :oops: :eek: :lol: Get some king prawn ringlets done while I'm there!
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    I wouldn't mind saying Tesco's..

I love a bargain :grin::smile::grin:
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    would not go to tesco as they could not compete with my hair dresser and she closer so no chance but can not remember name of shop lol christeen does it
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Oh, well said, pf! I wonder if Tescos would offer 2 for 1 on it?

'Have a BOGOFF haircut today!

Annie
  • Rictina
    Rictina Member Posts: 95
    Options
    I wouldnt mind saying that I went to Tesco's for my hair doing. :grin:
    Live the dream not dream the life.

sfsf.jpg
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Just a thought, Tes*& will have to allow you longer in their car parks, none of this two hours free parking, have to be as long as awww 4 hours?

...and what about blokes? They need to get theirs cut as well, I suspect they will be doing car servicing soon, whilst you getting a cut and blow and chatting to the estate agent, of course!
  • mirabella
    mirabella Member Posts: 272
    Options
    God I must be a real one off Haircut at Tesco you must be having a laugh,Tesco would never pay for top class,or even someone who knows what there doing.Hope I'm wrong on this for everyone sakes,as I think hairdressers take the piss out of all of us.A 10 min trim,cost £30.00 in my village????????? Mirabella
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    mirabella wrote:
    God I must be a real one off Haircut at Tesco you must be having a laugh,Tesco would never pay for top class,or even someone who knows what there doing.Hope I'm wrong on this for everyone sakes,as I think hairdressers take the piss out of all of us.A 10 min trim,cost £30.00 in my village????????? Mirabella

I wouldn't have my hair trimmed if it cost that much...god where do you live? I have found someone who comes to my house to do my hair...cheaper than going to the hairdressers by £15.00 if i have it coloured. As for using Tescos...i would wait and see what people came out like first. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    lupin15 wrote:
    mirabella wrote:

I wouldn't have my hair trimmed if it cost that much...god where do you live? I have found someone who comes to my house to do my hair...cheaper than going to the hairdressers by £15.00 if i have it coloured. As for using Tescos...i would wait and see what people came out like first. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Probably with carrier bags over their heads!! :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Anyone thinking this is a bit of a laugh.... well yeh, but remember, I read that article in The Times newspaper, and the guy from Tesco management was deadly serious. So you will be seeig a salon at a town near you , very soon . Alanthemanc
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    What the great bags that just let you get near your car and then.........burst. Especially the bag with eggs etc in.
    Do know the Tesco bag look could be the new look for 2011.
    Might dash down to the kitchen and give it a try... :lol::lol::lol::lol: