It's clinic time! (And waiting time :P)

Options
sunnyhours
sunnyhours Member Posts: 151
edited 22. Jan 2011, 19:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,
Just dropping by to try to acquire some luck as I haven't had any lately. I had an accident playing Scrabble :lol: That really must not sound lucky hehe My right hand happened to be in the right place at the wrong time...results: a very swollen hand and a half inch of graphite in the middle of the top of my hand. It's actually more painful than it sounds :roll: For this to happen I guess I'm just outta luck. Anyways later today (well it's 5:41am here so it's not truly the day yet' haven't been able to sleep...) I'll be going to that nice doctor I keep talking about as we are Friday :mrgreen: and so she's working today. Hopefully she'll help more than last week misadventure (and 6 hour waste of time). I'll get there early so I'll hopefully be in the first ones to arrive, and if lucky the first one to leave, with something for the pain and knowledge as to what I should do with the hand. Maybe I'll just keep the lead, might come in handy (no pun intended) if there's a pencil drought :lol:
Wish me luck :grin:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope it does go well for you, sunnyhours, and I hope she can offer you something that will help. Good luck! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    That sounds painful and uncomfortable , I always try to avoid those scrabble related injurys ; maybe stick to a gentler game in future like I Spy ! Seriously though , hope you get the help and advice you need from the doc today . Jillyb
  • sunnyhours
    Options
    Haha yeah! Its actually not Scrabble, it's the game where you write the name of a known person and put it on your forehead and you have to guess the name of the personality by asking yes or no questions, and I didn't remember the name of the game as you cab see lol
    I can be quite clumsy, and so are some of my friends, especially coupled with a few beers hehe
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Good luck with the doctors appointment and I hope she can help.
    juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi sunnyhours
    I hope you enjoyed the game....and the beers come to that....suppose its one of those accidents thats hard to explain :roll: sending you buckets full of good luck.....now use it wisely :smile: good luck with everything
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi sunnyhours :grin:

I'm sitting here wondering who stabbed you on the back of your hand with a pencil... :???: oooouch!

Your games in Canada sound way more dangerous than here. :lol:

Good luck with the lovely lady doc! and let us know how you get on.. sending you positive vibes.

Iris xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hi Sunny

What are you like??!!! That actually sounds really apnfula nd when you add Iris' comment I think it could have been far worse!!! :shock:

good luck with teh doc - she is nice and i hope she can help you.

Love

Toni xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Best of luck with your hand.... You could ask her if she'll give you a letter top take home.......... Letter, scrabble.... I know, my jokes only get worse... Lol

Be well :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Any news, sunnyhours? DD
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Fred,

I hope it went/has gone well for you today. Whose name did you have on your head to course so much pain? :eek:

Lv, Ix
  • sunnyhours
    Options
    I guess the bucket of hope worked out in my favor since she gave me some Tramadol (Tramacet) and the muscle relaxants that helped the spasms I get sometimes...
    This woman is truly a miracle...I went to what? 3-4 doctors recently...they all recommended that I go in physio, I told all of them I didn't have any money or insurance at the moment...she's the only one who referred me to a Physiatrist...which is paid for by the Governement over here, just like doctors :roll:

So the visit went pretty well...however I wish there would be an extended release form of those bucket full of hopes :lol: (this one MUST compete with your joke Tony :P)I had to walk the whole way home as the buses come around pretty seldomly... so now I have my left knee that feels like it's about to come off, my back is also a bit worse, and my right ankle produces the ever so unforgettable you-broke-me-years-ago-so-now-pay-for-it type of pain. :shock: Weirdly enough a few years back I did 1200km on my bike in 1 summer and I could walk over a 10km distance in a day. I just walked about 3km :eek:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Weirdly enough we could all do things years back that we cannot do today. That is not anything unique to arthritis sufferers either - I must admit I feel a lovely bolt of satisfaction shoot thro me when 'healthy' aquaintances start moaning about the stuff they can no longer do 'because it hurts' - oh diddums.

Right, to business: you have some decent meds at long last, sunny, so let's hope they make a distinct difference to matters and perk you up a little, you are due a run of better times, yes? Stick with this doctor if you can, she sounds a good 'un! I wish you well. DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Good to hear your appointment with the lady doc went well... and now you have the Tramadol to ease the pain you've caused yourself with your marathon walk home. :wink:

seriously though, I'm glad the appointment turned out well.... but what or who is a Physiatrist? :???:

Iris xx
  • sunnyhours
    Options
    From what I understand it is a doctor in physio therapy. I see it just like psychologist---->psychiatrist, and it be physiotherapist---->physiatrist...
    The pains are a lil' better and I had a good night of sleep :)
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi sunny, glad that things are better if only a lil bit, better is better, and us arthurites have to take it when we can get it..
    By the way, my jokes rock :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:

I wonder if the woman you saw is the equivelant of our physiotherapsts... Would assume that's the case.. Only over here most of them are the spawn of Satan.. :eek: :???: :lol:

Be well Fred..

:grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • sunnyhours
    Options
    No, the woman I saw is just a regular doctor, she also works at the ER and on Fridays she does clinic. But she's the one who referred me to see the physiatrist (it sounds weird doesn't it? :P)
    She told me that they deal with people with articulation problems just like the physiotherapist but they have more studies...
    That's why I gave the example of the psychologist and psychiatrist.
    It kinda makes sens cuz our health care doesn't pay for psychologist but they do pay for a psychiatrist...