So today I feel a fraud!!

Options
bumache
bumache Member Posts: 22
edited 21. Jan 2011, 15:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi to everyone!! And a very delayed Merry Xmas and Happy New year to you all. Haven't been on for ages as I have been very bad, so shall update you (get comfy now). I'm still off sick which will be 9 weeks by the end of this note (that's the longest Xmas break EVER!!) :lol: So, having been back and forth to docs with terrible fatigue, pain, mobility probs, headaches, restless legs and foggy brain, I was on celebrex (did nothing) then Gabapentin, (now increased) omeprazole and meloxicam. Have been on meloxicam for about a week now and woke up this morning feeling like I am someone else!! :shock: I have clearly had both a head transplant and new body parts implanted overnight! What's that all about then? I'm not complaining, far from it, but now I really do feel a fraud as
A) I still have 3 weeks off,
B) Have applied for blue badge and DLA (and now feel like I shouldn't be getting either)
C) Am back to docs on 25th (Thanks doc, it just disappeared)
D) Have rheumy on 1st Feb (not sure what for - all tests neg in Oct)
E) Physio on 3rd Feb (yes I can do the splits)(not really)
So what happened then? Is it the meds? Is it my new electric bed - you've simply all got to get one its soooo comfy. Bugger the expense, its worth its weight in gold.
I really don't understand why I'm going back to rheumy, can anyone enlighten me? At the end of the day she's lovely, but I already have a diagnosis of OA and spondylitis, so what's she going to do? (Yes, you've had a flare..... well no s**t Sherlock) so can't see the point.
I know someone is going to burst my little bubble and tell me it wont last, and tomorrow I might feel bad again, but i'm sure some of you luverly peeps have felt like this before (tell me your story - I like reading them)
I'm on a personal challenge today, and am aiming for at least 10 replies from cyber buddies who all need hugs ((((((((all of you))))))) xxx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,

Well it could be its a mix of all those things... but oa in first and second stages burns and then goes into remission but each burn does a bit more damage. joints can take a long time to become damaged to the point of movement being effective so even though it wont last (and it could for quite a long time) it might be ok for years yet in between.

mine was aggressive and that's just the luck of the gods really.

The appointments you got i would still keep and tell them whats going on and see what they say. Tis the best way i think?

Long may you feel good flower, nice to read someone who is having a break from it all and the oa burns well they can be years apart till 3rd stage, then its relentless.... hope that's only half a bubble burst :wink: Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Arthritis is a devious ****, he tricks you into thinking everything is wonderful and you were making it all up, then he returns with a vengeance. If you are feeling that optimistic then cancel everything, all your appointments and applications etc, then you can spend much of next week trying to re-instate everything so you have something to do. Don't listen to the seductive tones of the happy voices - I suspect they are lying. I felt like you do today on Wednesday - it didn't last, it never does. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bumache
    Options
    oh god the bubbles burst already!!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Reply 4

apply for them all you may still need them and it's not about your best days, but your worst.

You dont have to use the badge do you?

Well all i can say is you jolly well enjoy yourself....but do NOT overdo it or you may be back to square one!

Long may this remission last.

Love

Toni xx

PS how did I misse you before? I knwo i would have remembered the name....
  • Pete T
    Pete T Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I have just registered and am feeling down. I have been diagnosed with severe OA in my right knee and off work since March. I have been sent to Occy Health twice and my work have been very understanding and are following their advice and waiting until I have completed my treatment which involves keyhole surgery. I have had the ESA assessment and that has rejected my claim and stopped my benefit. I am now going for an appeal. What I really would like to know is why, when you fill in all the details required on the application forms and give permission to look at medical records non of it is taken on board when you have the assessment. I can lift my arms above my head, I can lift items from a table with my hands, I have severe osteoarthritis in my right knee, I have had an X-Ray and an MRI Scan which can be looked at to confirm it. I was in formed by the female that ATOS Healthcare don't do that.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Pete T, welcome to the forum, it's nice to meeet you. I am afraid I cannot help with the ATOS thing as I have not been through that process - those that have may miss your post, so it could be best if you post again, clicking on 'New Topic', title it ATOS assessment or something, then tell your story. That way others with experience will spot it and hopefully help. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Pete,

Sorry your feeling down but with that shower its not surprising..... they are appalling and well good luck with the appeal.... You should get it to find in your favour especially with keyhole coming up.

I don't know much about them to be honest but it might be best to post it as a new topic as that would mean more people might see it and some of this lot are very good at the esa dla stuff.

Welcome to the forum and nice to meet you. Cris x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Bumcake,

It must be the meds making you better. There is nothing wrong with that so don't feel a fraud. You have had a bad time and to be on the safe side I would keep as many appointments as possible. Just take it easy for the next few weeks off work as you have been through a lot. I do hope it continues.
    When I first applied for dla I had just been subscribed sulfasalazine . I starting feeling great and so the medical doc arrived for DLA and I told him I felt fine now but it must be because of the sulfasalazine. I felt really stupid. So my DLA claim was refused yet 3 months later I was in hell again but I couldn't bring myself to reapply for DLA for several years when I was bedridden.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi BC nice to meet you. :grin:

No-one wants to burst your bubble that's for sure. :wink: and it's so good to hear that at the moment the new meds are working for you and giving you a much needed respite from arther. :!:

but.....if you cancel your appointments and DLA application and then it goes all pear shaped where will you be?

Keep the appointments and proceed with your DLA application... it's based on your condition (which you still have) and on the previous 6mths 'functioning'...so you're not being a fraud!.

Long may it last BC... !

wonder who the lucky 10th peep will be? do they get a prize?

Iris xxx
  • bumache
    Options
    Hi Iris, well the 10th person to reply will definately win the star prize - 2 weeks all inclusive in the Bahamas with the breeze wafting gently through the palm trees, endless beaches and semi clad men, and your own personal waiter.

OOOPPS - I'm the 10th reply, well congrats to me!!! :P

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far - hope you are all going on alright
    Bren xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hey can I be the 10th - or is this cheating??? :lol:

On my hols soon anyway....might not be the bahamas though :wink:
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi Bumcake...

Glad to hear your feeling gd.. it's a nice change to feeling rubbish .. lol..
    Sounds like your meds are doing a great job.. maybe you can share your coctail of pills lol...
    Don't feel like a fraud.. you are on your meds for a reason.. not cause you are well..
    Hope you have a long run of gd days..
    Take care
    Tracy
    xxxx

Am i the 10th reply??? :lol:
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx