cold hands and warm fingers

Options
gemmapetken
gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
edited 21. Jan 2011, 08:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi
just a question! I have RA in hands and raynauds. I suffer with cold hands and fingers all the time. But sometimes one or two fingers become warm. Slightly strange when they are all cold and there is just one finger warm.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gemma

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    No, no real idea as I am not a doc, but surely it must be to do with a better blood flow or somesuch. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    hI GEMMA

Sorry Caps lock :oops:

I get warm hands a lot and the palms are very red in colooour too.

How are you doing?

Maybe you can save this for your next rheumy appt? Put in on (or start) your list?
    Love

Toni xx
  • bumache
    bumache Member Posts: 22
    Options
    hi Gemma,
    I have raynauds too and I know what U mean about odd fingers being warm. As we speak, I have a warm index finger and the rest get colder as they get smaller, and most of the time I feel cold from the 'inside out' if you know what I mean, but dont have any treatment for it as I bottled out mentioning it to the doc, as he would have slated me for smoking, and thats my only vice.
    Think its due to the blood vessels overreacting and going into spasm, but some are more sensitive than others which would explain why they're not all doing the same thing. After all if you get say sciatica, you dont automatically get it in both sides (make sense??) I'm not a Doctor, so dont quote me on that!! U might get some better info from the Raynauds and Scleroderma website. Wishing you well and warm take care Bren x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Gemma,

I get the same and they tell me its a combination of all 3 things, the pa, the acro and the raynaud's and to keep moving the fingers and keep them warm.

i also find they either go numb or throb depending I guess whats in the driving seat? Its not fair flower but it does do this as and when it feels like it. Hope it soon stops. Cris x
  • gemmapetken
    Options
    thank for all the replies!!
    I too hope that it stops but i dont think it will!!!
    I have tried hand warmers but it doesnt help in the class room!
    Gemma
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi gemma,

You can get tablets to help it flower maybe for a min that's something that would help you? Cris x
  • gemmapetken
    Options
    im on blodd pressure tablets for the raynauds as well as the ton of tablets for RA!!! :grin:
    Yesterday they gave me a hot flush so i think its back to the GP i go! Dont wanna see the horrible from last time I think it will be the lady from the time before!!

Gx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Gemma,

i like hot flushes, tis the only time I feel warm :lol::lol: Wonder if the rumo could give you better tablets than that? Next time you see them ask cus they cover raynaud's. Soon be spring flower. Cris x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Gemma :grin:

I don't have raynaud's so can't help with any useful advice. Just wanted to say I hope you get your meds sorted soon with the 'nice' lady doc. Maybe she will have info/ knowledge that might help with the hot/ cold fingers?

hope so...

Iris xxx