pregabalin advise please

Options
jilly
jilly Member Posts: 503
edited 22. Jan 2011, 03:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi I'm back again to ask you lovely people for advise . I have been given pregabalin this week . I dont know anything about it so read it up on the internet. It goes on a bit about not coming off them straight away. This got me thinking just what are they and once your on them are you staying on them?It also mentions taking them with morphine needs to be mentioned to your gp. As anyone got advise about these tablets i am a bit fed up with being given meds and no information. ........jilly

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jilly,

its a good drug. been on it over two tear now and its still fairly effective.

it did mess with my head a bit, odd dreams, had the euphoria and even a bit of the hallucinations here and there but that said would fight to keep then with out fail! been on 600 a day for 18 months but it did take me ages to get p to that does and the last drip sent it and them into some kind of reaction and had to drop off them just like that to no bad effects.....

Its strong but well worth having if it helps you. fingers crossed it will. Cris x
  • jilly
    Options
    Thanks cris, I am only on a low dose so not a lot happened yet does it take a while to kick in ? what does it do , it sounds like something in your head . thanks for advise .............jilly
  • sunnyhours
    sunnyhours Member Posts: 151
    Options
    If it hadn't been of the price :eek: and the slurred speech/stuttering I would have stayed on it. It does magic for anxiety! I only tried the lowest dose (75mg) but I didn't take it for too long as I felt stupid with the stuttering issues, I had yet to see effects on pain though.
  • jilly
    Options
    Thanks sunnyhours, i read your reply it gave me a good laugh , sorry i shouldnt laugh but i imagined myself starting with that . It would finish me off , I have a problem with my voice if i then got a stutter and slurred voice can you imagine, two sticks , no voice and a stutter when i did talk .My god what we have to put up with no wonder we are on here trying to stay sane..............jilly
  • sunnyhours
    sunnyhours Member Posts: 151
    Options
    Well I recommend you give it a try as it works very well and aside from that side effect all was well. And side effects vary from person to person so you might not have the same or not have side effects at all. It also puts me in a good mood :grin:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's prescribed for nerve pain, that much I do know. skezier was on a fairly high dose by the sounds of things, I doubt your initial dose will be as strong as that. Don't read the internet, there is far too much innacuracy and false information on there, read the information leaflet that comes with the tablets, that is a much more reliable source of information. If you still have questions talk to your pharmacist: they are knowledgeable people. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben