palindromic arthritis

Options
judyc
judyc Member Posts: 26
edited 25. Jan 2011, 11:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
I would like to speak to other people who have Palindromic Arthritis. I would welcome any tips and advice on living with this condition. My present flare up (which i've had for two weeks) is constantly moving around my body. I am taking one Hydroxychloroquine, six ibuprofen and 8 paracetomol a day. How do other sufferers cope?

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Judy, not got the same as you but just wanted to wish you well.. I have just stopped the hydroxy though as it made me lose my appetite altogether... No, that is not a diet tip :roll: :wink:

Be well, sure that someone on here will be able to answer your question soon..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • claircoult
    claircoult Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi!

I have Palindromic rheumatism, well either that or reactive arthritis - the doctors can't seem to agree! You have my sympathy it can be very tough and very confusing. It's taken me 20 years to get a diagnosis (I was diagnosed with ME when I was 15 because they didn't know what was wrong) and I'm only just started treatment last November. I take 200mg Hydroxychloroquine twice a day and either codeine or tramadol when I have a flare. I can't take ibuprofen or other NSAIs because of a history of gastritis.

Coping with it is very difficult, it's the uncertaintly I find the hardest, the not knowing how you will be from one day to the next or which joint it's going to affect next. The only way I can cope with it is to take one day at a time, to try and stay mobile but not over-do it. Sorry I can't be of more help! Please feel free to send me a message if you want to chat.

Clair
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Judy,
    I was diagnosed with Palindromic arthritis when I first started. It does dance all over your body and everyday it jumps somewhere else. I also was put on Hydroxy and it did take about 16-17 weeks before I felt any relief.
    I do hope that your flare calms down soon. Just enjoy the hours or days when you are pain free. Try some of the anti-inflam gels and the heat pads.
    Sorry you have had to find us Judy but keep posting and this lovely lot will try and answer some of your questions.
    Lv, Ix
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Hi

Hope you are well - I am taking hrydroxychlo' too and arcoxia (instead of the ibuprofen) and amitrip 25mg at night. More recentlythe rhuematologist added colchicine to the mix.

I wondered if you had heard of the International palindromic Rheumatism society? I only ask as with a lot of us who do not have p[ostive bloods i have searched high and low for answers for myself.

Love

Toni xx
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    You'll fortunate that you have a doctor that will treat you. I'm currently into a bad ankle week and being careful with the other bits.

As for advice, drink Yorkshire Tea and keep smiling!

8) Its a grin, honest!