Heel Pop!

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 25. Jan 2011, 19:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'll be sitting down and get up to do something and as I'm walking I get a sensation under my heel as though I've trod on a marble and it's popped. :shock: It doesn't hurt but the feeling isn't pleasant. :| It happens in phases and has done for years and I'm having a spell of it at the moment. I get no warning it's going to happen and it can occur a couple of times a day. I've always thought it could be a little cyst or just something to do with my RA but whatever it is I don't like it. :sad:

It's never dawned on me to ask before but I'm asking now, do any of you experience the same thing? :???:
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yep Lindalegs, I get that on the balls of my feet too and would liken it to treading on bubble wrap :lol:

My Orthopod says it's metatarsalgia, my Rheumy puts every weird click and creak down to my hypermobile joints (there's a misnomer if ever there was one, OA & RA & PA & hypermobile joints :lol: ) Whatever it is it's darned annoying but I must say that since my recent foot op I've not had the sensation in my right foot :grin:
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Legs :grin:

I've not experienced that.. so not much use to you.. sorry :sad:

Just wanted to say I hope you get lots of info about it from other folks!

Iris xxxx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi Cherry and Iris,

Thanks for your replies :grin:

Starting this thread at the weekend is probably not the best idea I've had as it's generally a bit quiet on the forum. :roll:

That's two of us, at least, and now I can give it a label - thanks Cherry.
    Love, Legs x
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Options
    Hi Linda I've not had this, it doesn't sound very pleasant, I hope some can help you on here, I hope it doesn't happen to frequently Take care Sue xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I had something very similar back in early '97, a lump on the ball of my left foot, located under the second toe, which made walking very uncomfortable. (If I only knew what was coming I wouldn't have bloody moaned then!) It was hard, like a marble and similarly sized. Once the knee started expanding it went and has never returned. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi Sue,

I'm glad you've not had it, don't want to share it, as it's not nice and no it just happens now and again - just had one heel pop today :shock:

Hi DD,

This is under my heel and I'm not aware of it till it pops so I don't think it's the same thing. :roll:

Hopefully I'll get some more responses later.
    Love, Legs x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    True enough, I just wondered if it was along the same sort of lines. These oddities are strange, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    True enough, I just wondered if it was along the same sort of lines. These oddities are strange, yes? DD

Yes, I'll be mentioning it to my Rheumy just as a matter of interest.
    Love, Legs x
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Legs

Hope you do get it sorted it sounds a bit unpleasant. I can't offer any suggestions but just wanted to call in and say how much I like your smiley lottery legs and blue flower. :grin:

a010.gif

oops! posted this without me name on in me haste to get it down.
    take care
    love
    Chris
  • lindalegs
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    Hi Legs

Hope you do get it sorted it sounds a bit unpleasant. I can't offer any suggestions but just wanted to call in and say how much I like your smiley lottery legs and blue flower. :grin:

a010.gif

oops! posted this without me name on in me haste to get it down.
    take care
    love
    Chris

Thanks Chris .....instead of LindaLegs I could evolve into LotteryLegs .....wow .....wonder if I'd be lucky :lol::lol:

XX
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Hi legs

I haven't either but have had painfull balls (of the feet!).

I loved Collywob's rice crispies suggestion though :lol:

Do let us know what it is won't you?

Love

toni xx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi Legs :grin:

Just spotted this - doesn't sound pleasant at all..................(Just a thought - you don't spill your rice crispies in your shoes, by any chance)? :shock: :shock: :wink:

Love from Lynn xxx

Don't worry it doesn't hurt Lynn - just feels horrible. :roll:

.............and since when have rice krispies been the size and texture of marbles :lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi legs

Do let us know what it is won't you?

Love toni xx

I shall keep you posted :grin:
    Love, Legs x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Linda,
    That is not a very pleasant sensation to have. Still if you have had for several years it does sound more like a cyst or fluid build up. Can you see anything when it pops? As you say all you can do it mention it next you go.
    Keep us posted,

Lv, Ix
  • lindalegs
    Options
    ironic wrote:
    Hi Linda,
    That is not a very pleasant sensation to have. Still if you have had for several years it does sound more like a cyst or fluid build up. Can you see anything when it pops? As you say all you can do it mention it next you go.
    Keep us posted,

Lv, Ix

Hi I,

No unfortunately I've not seen the bottom of my foot for many a long year. :roll: The weird thing is I can't feel anything before it pops and I can have walked around the house and then out of the blue the underneath of my heel pops :shock: I've been taking note though, it's my right heel and the same spot this time around - can't remember if that's always been the case.

Anyhow I see my Rheumy in March and I shall have a chat to him to see if he has any answers.
    Love, Legs x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I am intrigued. Lucky it doesn't hurt when it pops but it must be off putting. It must be deep inside your foot, maybe the popping is caused by friction . I assume Mr Legs has taken a look at the bottom of your foot. Can he see anything? Crumbs I wonder what it is? Hope its not too long before you see your rheummy?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Thanks Elizabeth, it is deep inside, I can feel it's not a surface thing when it happens ........wouldn't put my foot near Mr Legs' face as he would go into a dead faint with the fumes :shock: :lol::lol:

....actually poor man does my regular pedicure and toe care but he has to have a glass of wine first to anaesthetise his senses :lol::lol:

I see my Rheumy in March.
    Love, Legs x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi linda
    sorry for taking so long to reply
    I have a deffinate ball in my left heel but thank goodness it doesn't pop. (that must feel terrible) My lump started after the amputation of my right leg and i was and still am putting all my weight on my heel as i spin round (sounds funny that) to transfer my self from one place to another. It is a habit i have now tried to stop.
    I hope the rhummy person can give you advice of what it is.
    please keep us up date.
    Take care
    juliepf x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Legs,

Sorry i am late here again... eyes just forget what they are meant to do and the brain cell... you still got it! :wink:

Its got to be some kind of fluid thing... can your oh have a look at the bottom of your feet for you? Its possible its some kind of build up that just 'bursts' and well worth mentioning to your rumo I think.....

my feet do all kinds of things but they have never done that one :shock:

Honestly think it should be mentioned..... to the doc if not the rumo. Whens your next appointment flower? might be a god idea to try and bring it fora rd abt? Love and (((( )))) Cris who can't see the bottom of her feet's either... xxx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    Hi linda
    sorry for taking so long to reply......I hope the rhummy person can give you advice of what it is.
    please keep us up date.
    Take care
    juliepf x

Hi Julie,

No need to apologise, you've replied that's the main thing :wink::grin:

Don't think it's the same as yours because I can't feel it till it pops .....and then it's gone again :|

I know what you mean by the heel spin though because although I still have both legs if my ankle is particularly painful I tend to pivot on my 'okay' heel when changing direction on the spot.
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Legs,

Sorry i am late here again... eyes just forget what they are meant to do and the brain cell... you still got it! :wink: ....... Whens your next appointment flower? might be a god idea to try and bring it fora rd abt? Love and (((( )))) Cris who can't see the bottom of her feet's either... xxx

Hi Cris,

No need to apologise either, I have your opinion now that's what counts :grin:

As for your brain cell I did return it some time ago as mine had multiplied :shock: Yours is probably lurking at the bottom of your sick bucket and will probably return once the vomiting has stopped :shock:

Will ask O/H to look but I know nothing's there because I can't feel it.

As it's been going on for year's on and off I don't think there's any urgency so I shall just wait till March.

Luv Legs who hasn't had a heel pop yet today. :grin:
    Love, Legs x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi legs,

i stand in ore of the cell multiplication..... how do you do it :wink:

Can confirm its not in the bucket... chicken must have it again :lol::lol: ((( ))) and a no heel pop draft. Luv Cris who knows its Wednesday :oops: :oops: xx