Cold/Flu

Options
PamieAFC1903
PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
edited 26. Jan 2011, 09:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
Caught both or either or.

In complete agony to go along with my usual pains :(. Just come out the bath to sweat it off and to rest me muscles. Its done wonders :).

Although my head still hurts lol.

Had some lemsip and slept most of the day already.
I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, Pamie, sorry to hear that you are suffering. I think that all you can do is rest and keep warm until it passes. I hope you will feel better soon.

gws.gif

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Pammie
    Iv just got rid of this horrible man flu....hope you feel better very soon.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Well, my brother reckons I have the flu.

He wants to phone doctor what with my asthma, but I think he should phone my mum and ask her first.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    The test is ;If there was a £50 note in the garden and you had a cold you would go out and get it.If you had flu you would say **** it!!! Hope you are feeling better Flu is vile :evil :evil :evil
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Well, my brother reckons I have the flu.

He wants to phone doctor what with my asthma, but I think he should phone my mum and ask her first.

If in doubt always ask your Mum first - just what my grown-up sons do :lol::lol: It's so good to be needed :grin:

Hope you feel better very soon Pamie, I suggest lots of TLC :wink:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    poor you do hope it just feverish cold and not flu take care huggs val
    val
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    tonesp wrote:
    The test is ;If there was a £50 note in the garden and you had a cold you would go out and get it.If you had flu you would say **** it!!! Hope you are feeling better Flu is vile :evil :evil :evil

Tonesp the way im feeling if it was £1million quid i get my brother to get it for me lmao.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Well looks like flu, took my temp was 38.7 or 6 lol cantread the old fashioned thermomitors very well

and im hot n cold all night
    I ♥ Runrig.

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're not so good Pamie.... Hope you feel better soon hun..

:grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    I need to, I'm going to Aberdeen on Tuesday.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• tjt6768
    Options
    I need to, I'm going to Aberdeen on Tuesday.

Then you need to rest up between now and then eh?
    Owt exciting in Aberdeen...? :?:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Seeing how much a tattoo would cost
    I ♥ Runrig.

• tjt6768
    Options
    Seeing how much a tattoo would cost
    The one for your Grandad?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    If you are able to type on the forum, you have a cold. If you can't get out of bed except to crawl to the loo and back and you don't want to know about anything at all, you have the flu.

Colds last days, flu lasts weeks.

Colds are 3 days coming, 3 days suffering, 3 days getting over it. Paracetamol (if allowed), keep warm, plenty of fluids, thoroughly wash hands often to prevent spread of virus.

Flu, have you had the flu jab? If you think that it may be flu, don't go to the surgery, phone doctor to come to you if you need them to. Keep well away from everyone or the flu virus will soon spread to everyone.

Just read it on Gullible Info: The average cold lasts four days.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Flu is utterly unmistakeable - I think livinglegend was right, you honestly wouldn't be able to tell us you had it, but there is still a chance that this cold could develop into something very nasty. Keep warm, keep hydrated, take paracetamol regularly to reduce your temperature, and stay in bed. I wish you well and if you can, let us know later how you are getting on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Well. My mum who has been a nurse for 32 years says it is flu. I get the flu jag which minimises the symptoms. bloody temp got up to 38.9 last night, if thats the cold then it must have been a new type of cold! And the fact ive been ill since Thursday.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• PamieAFC1903
    Options
    If you are able to type on the forum, you have a cold. If you can't get out of bed except to crawl to the loo and back and you don't want to know about anything at all, you have the flu.

Colds last days, flu lasts weeks.

Colds are 3 days coming, 3 days suffering, 3 days getting over it. Paracetamol (if allowed), keep warm, plenty of fluids, thoroughly wash hands often to prevent spread of virus.

Flu, have you had the flu jab? If you think that it may be flu, don't go to the surgery, phone doctor to come to you if you need them to. Keep well away from everyone or the flu virus will soon spread to everyone.

My mum is a nurse, she has been for 32 years... Also I called NHS24 and they agreed with my mum it was flu due to mu VERY high temprature, excessive sweating and shivers.

Yes I get the flu jag due to being asthmatic. Yesterday I was so bad I had to have 3 baths, one to sweat it out, one to cool me down, and one to warm me up.

Next time you want to call my mum a liar do it to my face!

And another thing, when you have anxiety and think your going to die from it you bloody fight through the pain to speak to someone!
    I ♥ Runrig.

• PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Well, i have my laptop on my bed right next to me, so i can talk to someone quick if i take a panic attack, which i had a few yesterday wasnt pleasent :(
    I ♥ Runrig.

• tjt6768
    Options
    Panic attacks are bloody horrible, used to suffer from them myself, and feeling ill on top of that can't be nice... Look after yourself chuck...
    Plenty of rest me thinks..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options

Pamie, I know that you are feeling ill, and I fully sympathise with you, but I must defend Joseph. He wasn't calling your Mum a liar in any way. On the contrary, he was trying to help you by offering advice. It was very kind of Joseph to take the trouble to reply to your post.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Damn! I forgot something I didn't know - how could I be so stupid? I had no idea your mum was a nurse of so many years standing.

Most of the people on this forum are in continual pain and bad health and sometimes answering people takes some effort - would you rather no-one replied? Your reply to livinglegend (who is a very courteous and kind man) was ungracious, to say the least. One can be ill and still be polite. I hope you feel better soon.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad but i am sure a good rest in bed and lots of fluids and you will soon be back on your feet. There is some really nasty virus going around up here at the moment. (9 children off in one class alone today). Fingers crossed i don't get it. It is that time of the year...i always find that January and feb are the worse times of the year to pick up nasties.
    Hope you feel better soon. XXXX
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Thank you to Delboy, Joan and DD for your supportive replies to Pamie's post.

Pamie, I don't believe that I called your mum a liar at all, I was just offering general assistance to someone who was complaining of their illness. As such I hope that you soon recover and look forward to future postings from you.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Just been to doctor after Glands got rather swollen and sore... She said its my body finally getting over it. She has declared me fit for travel tomorrow IF I behave and steam it, sweat it and medicate it out of me today, and sleep tonight lmao.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options

And another thing, when you have anxiety and think your going to die from it you bloody fight through the pain to speak to someone!

have just read this and people have been banned or threatened of a ban for less than this in the past.
    there is no where in the post to sugest anyone calling anyone liars. i am sorry you have been so ill, but joseph is a lovely help full person with lots of people on here that have been helped by him please think before you post negative things we all suffer pain and need each other i do hope you are feeling better soon val
    val