todays the day

Options
buster152
buster152 Member Posts: 28
edited 8. Feb 2011, 05:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
at last, this afternoon im off to new x hospital to have my toes pinned and nerves taken out of my foot i have moretons neuroma as well as RA

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    best of luck for today buster.. Don't think we've spoken before but still hope everything goes well, let us know..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Buster
    If you want..we will all come with you...we are no trouble. 8) honest..good luck with it all..and please let us know how you are.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Buster.
    I think you posted about this before. Good luck and hope all goes well for you. Let us know how you get on.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello buster152, I hope it all goes well. How long will you be in for? Please let us know, as and when you can, how it all went. I wish you the very best. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi buster
    Good luck for today
    take care
    juliepf x
  • buster152
    Options
    Hi everyone thank you all for your kind words and support just had the dreaded phone call cancelled again due to sickness with the surgeon

DD it was going to be a day case

regards to all
    steve
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oh blimey
    I am sorry, what a disappointment that will have been for you
    hope your new appointment comes through quickly
    juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, it is so frustrating when you have built yourself up to get something over and done with, probably arranged lifts/care at home etc etc.....
    Hope you are not too down about things...

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi Buster was just going to wish you luck but then read that youve been cancelled so now wishing another appointment comes quickly x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh no! All dressed up and nowhere to go! buster152, what a blow, I am sooo sorry, but I guess he cannot help being ill. Let's hope another date comes thro soon. Please let us know when you hear. DD
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Buster,
    Sorry your appointment has been cancelled. It is very upsetting when you have got yourself ready. :sad:
    I will be interested how you get on as I have Morton’s Neuroma as well. I was offered the injections but decided to go for insoles first. I must say that the insoles have worked for me as long as I keep to the flat shoes. I suppose that one day I will have to have a re-think but just not yet. :|
    I do hope you new appointment comes through soon.
    Lv, Ix
  • buster152
    Options
    yes it is a bit of a blow, everything sorted and ready, my only concern now, is do i restart the mtx or wait in case they come with an appointment, sooner rather than later, mind i do have a rheummy appointment on friday any way so will leave til then and ask him

once again thank you for all your support
  • buster152
    Options
    ironic wrote:
    Hi Buster,
    Sorry your appointment has been cancelled. It is very upsetting when you have got yourself ready. :sad:
    I will be interested how you get on as I have Morton’s Neuroma as well. I was offered the injections but decided to go for insoles first. I must say that the insoles have worked for me as long as I keep to the flat shoes. I suppose that one day I will have to have a re-think but just not yet. :|
    I do hope you new appointment comes through soon.
    Lv, Ix

Hi Ironic i also have the insoles and was having the injections as well but if anything the injections made it worse
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm probably being a bit dim, did you stop the meth because you were due this procedure? Was that supposed to minimise the risk of infection? I am being very blonde today, I apologise. DD
  • buster152
    Options
    Hi DD

Yes for the reasons you state, they said i had to stop the mtx the week before, the week of the op, and possibly the week after, then possibly have to restart on a lower dose and build up again back up to the 20mg im on now
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Right, I guess then you do need some guidance about what to do. I hope the hospital can give you an idea about when the op might be done, you certainly need to know, don't you? DD
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Buster,
    I had heard that the injections could make things worse so I opted for the insoles only. It took a good while to work as I had been limping about for a good time.
    Fingers crossed you find something out about your appointment soon. It is a bit awkward when it’s cancelled due to staff illness.
    Lv, Ix
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Hi Buster

I go to New x too :grin:

hello! So sorry the op was cancelled :evil Poor poor you.

Love

toni xx
  • buster152
    Options
    Hi Toni

I think they are really great there, a service second to none, are you under Mr N
    how often are you there? maybe we have passed
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Al Arraff I think that's it? at rheumatology. First time i have spoken to anyone on here who goes there :grin:

Good to meet you.

And I can't fault them either :grin:

LOve

toni xx
  • buster152
    Options
    Mr Arraf works with Mr Newton who i see and i think there is 1 more in the team

its nice to meet you as well
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Buster
    That is awful , I am sorry ,you get yourself all psyched up for these appointments, I do hope you receive another one very soon.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • buster152
    Options
    good morning all hope you all well,
    it finally happend i went into theatre 9pm last nite came out 10.15 minus my toe joints (just the 1st knuckle) did it this way instead of pinning also the nerves (mortons neuroma) which were more or less double in size the surgeon said so my foot is now lighter lol no pain or swelling just pins and needles lucky or what i hope it stays this way
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well done Buster. I am so glad that the operation is now done and dusted and you are not in pain. Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Hi Buster
    I bet you are so relieved that the op is over and done with, wishing you a good recovery
    Cath