Heightened my spirits

Options
amielizzie
amielizzie Member Posts: 21
edited 28. Jan 2011, 10:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi guys,
Just wanted to say how much joining this forum and using networks like twitter have really helped me deal with my issues of arthritis! Sometime you feel so alone out there when you have cottened on to how many people are feeling the same! Forums and people like you have made me so much happier in my day to day! I've started offering advice on other peoples posts and blogs and it really had started to put things in perspective listening to come of the stories about possibly the bravest people! Although i am suffering a great deal at the moment and having to take a lot of painkillers some of the inspiring stories on this forum and some of the friends i have made through it has really put a smile on my face!
Just wanted to post something positive! Seems all we talk about is arthritis :lol:
how is everyone doing at the moment anyway? Cold weather effecting lots of people! I have a recommendation too ELECTRIC BLANKET! If any of you haven't got one it'll be such a great investment! Something warm on your joints at night really helps ease the pain and relax you! I got one for xmas and it really helps me sleep, which used to be difficult when the pain got so bad! If you're unsure try using a hot water bottle on your joints in bed and see how it helps then think of investing as i understand not everyone has a lot of money!
I hope everyone is having a good week!
Amie!
Btw if you have twitter my names _Amie_M i have it on my blackberry so can talk about this stuff then! There are also a lot of arthritis pages on it too =-)
xXx
:smile:Amie :smile:

Comments

• amielizzie
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Please excuse some of the spelling mistakes and grammar errors in there! I'm very tired at the moment! lol =-)
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    it's nice to read a positive post amie... Good for you hun..
    I know this place has certainly helped me a lot since joining and I've made some great friends on here too..

I try and help folk when I can and even just doing that makes ya feel good...

Be well mi dear :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • amielizzie
    Options
    You too Tony =-) hope you're having a great week!
    x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Amie,

Good for you :grin:

Take a look at the Chit Chat Forum (if you haven't already) we talk about everything but arthur on there :wink:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    ............and never worry about grammar or spellings, they don't count only your opinion does :grin:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Aren't you a sweetie? I must admit that AC has made a huge difference to my life, the support is second-to-none and I have made the bestest friend I could wish for via here. They are a caring, supportive and helpful bunch of people, and it does help to know that one is not alone with such matters. I know that arthritis is the main topic of converstaion on this forum but I think that is the point of this part of AC - it's here to stop us boring our non-comprehending families to bits! CC is there for the non-arthritis related stuff (apparently there is some).

I do not belong to the Twitter generation - far too old and staid - but it's good to have young 'uns like you about - tho the unfairness of that grates hugely with me. I don't mind being my age and shot to bits, but it's WRONG for anyone under 50 to be facing the same. The injustice rankles. My stony heart regularly breaks on the young persons forum - for crying out loud, there are very small people on meth, enbrel, steroids and the like. The words for that do not exist - well, they do, but reading a line of asterisks is not very informative.

You keep as well as you can, amielizzie, you know we are here for the smooth as well as the rough. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to the forum......glad its making a difference to you.
    I know it did to me....I ask loads of questions but I try to answer posts as well......how much help they are I dont know ...but I'm there LOL....I've got oA so I tend not to know much about RA meds and things so dont feel capable of a nswering them.
    Its nice to get a positive post
    I'm not on twitter...just f/book
    Love
    Hileena
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Amie,

its a good place eh? they really are a nice lot and well they helped me get my head round stuff so much when I first ran in screaming.

Glad its helped you flower and the spelling.... not many notice and even less would comment... hell i have terrible spelling thankfully I can use a spell check :lol: not saying i chose the right word though :lol::lol:

Electric blankets... heaven and I would fight to the death to keep mine.. in fact ... now a days... i fight a pile of acts all night it seems :wink: Glad you found this place helps. Cris x
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Amie

Just adding a welcome and how nice to see your positive post here. :grin: Glad you have found the support and friendship here and eslewhere so helpful. I know many of us feel the same way and that when times are low there will always be someone around to offer cyber hugs, advise or just make us laugh.
    take care of yourself and keep posting when you can.
    Chris

ps You have a Blackberry. :grin: Can I please be your bestest friend? :lol:
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Amie
    I am really pleased you enjoy this forum it has really helped me too.
    Hope you are well today
    take care
    juliepf x
  • amielizzie
    Options
    :lol: Chris7 of course! The more bestest friends i have the better... i know i'm a cool person with a blackberry lolz!!

I'm just watching the National Television awards at the moment, ankle elevated but a cup of tea and lots of fox's biscuits! Yummy!! I think i'm going to have to start a proper blog as there are so many things i want to say lately! Got a new job interview tomorrow well a job for a promotion in the events company i work for! so fingers crossed! an extra 10000 a year! BIG DIFFERENCE! and an office based job so less of the running aruond for a whil until i get back out there!1 Probably what i need at the moment to see how my ankle really is because in my events coordinator job at the moment i'm constantly on my feet all day! Which i shouldn't really do in my condition! It'll show me how painful my ankle really is when i have an office job for a while! Might lose my mind though! it's a 6 month experience thing until i go back to working the events! So wish me luck guys!! lool another rant!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Lovely to meet you Amie

and this is a lovely place - I totally agree :grin:

I too have a blackberry and still need to suss it out - haven't tried the messanger malarky intend to ring my provider later so l can get set up :grin:

Giving helps doesn't it?

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Amie
    Its lovely to meet you....like you say it makes such a difference being able to talk to people that understand, I have had far more info off this site then off my doctors.
    Come and join us in chit chat we really do have some fun.
    PS I am waiting for my OH to buy me an electric blanket...meanwhile I am using my wheat cushions....i love them
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara