HAVE GOT MY 3rd ACUPUNCTURE APPT TOMORROW {Wed}

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 28. Jan 2011, 14:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,
Well hope you are all as well as can be.
I've got my 3rd acupuncture appt for tomorrow....this is the last one that is actually booked.....I hope he continues with them. I do feel they are doing some good.
The first ones didnt make much difference but the 2nd ones did.,.....I'm achey now {a week later} but I think thats because they helped and of course I did more than I should :oops: Thats normal {if not sensible :lol: } for us ...isnt it? we have a good day and then get stuckin to more than we should..
Love
Hileena

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

What about asking him for more? Mine is doing 6 initially and then the top ups (what ever they are :wink: ) here ever after he said... for as long as it helps he will do it.

Glad your feeling some benefit and have you made static yet :lol::lol: I seem to have a lot of that for some reason... is it called radon poisoning per chance :lol::lol::lol:

hope it goes well and my 3rd is wens but please don't tell either the neck or the lumber cus I am going to see if he can shove a few needles in that as well :wink: Cris xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    I'll ask him tomorrow whats going to happen....the 3 apointments were ,made by the physio when she said she could do nothing for me and transferrred me to him.....I think he said on my first appointment that if they were working he would do a cours of them....I think he said about 8.....I'll check tomorrow.
    Where do you get them? I know they do you good so hopefully these will work for me.
    Love
    Hileena
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

When I Saw my rumo and he stuck me on palliative only i think he realised that was a bit much so he sent me for wrist and a neck xray and then down stairs to the walk in physio....

The guy seems to know what he is doing and got some dead right ... you know how you feel it? his spot on rate isn't as good as the pain doc's but its near enough so that's where i go for them.

he then sticks a load in both the shoulders, the neck and the base of the skull.... hey maybe that's why my brain left :lol::lol: i do seem to be semi-functioning just now... to much throwing up... don't recommend it :lol::lol:

He said 6 and then the top ups cus I have the pain clinics jabs and well nothing compares to them :wink: both for effectiveness and pain actually :lol:

oh flower the things we do just to try and keep stuff moving and not hurting so much you want a bullet eh?!

See what he says when you ask him and hopefully he will do like this guy said he will do and top it up for as long as it works. ((( ))) and no needles :wink: Cris xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Hileena

Hope it does go well again and that you can get some more appointments. I know when my physio referred me for hydro I had the basic I think 6 weeks but found it so helpful I almost begged for some more and they kept it going much longer. If you do find it is helping I am sure they will extend things if they can.
    Leaving some hugs and good wishes ((( )))
    love
    Chris
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi,
    Well I'll put a post in tomorrow or the next day and let you know whether I get any more or what happened....I'm going out tomorrow night so by the time I get home it might be a bit of a rush to post......its a 44 mile return drive ...I'm surprised i can do that on the day he gives me the acupuncture
    Thats a lot Chris.......maybe your brain has gone walkabout because of it lOL :lol::lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

Since i have just had to be reminded that tomorrow is Wednesday...... :lol::lol:

there is just no hope really is there... now who am I?!

Tell you the one in the base of the skull I could do with out but it hits home so......

good luck flower and i hope they will give you more. Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I wish you well for today hileena, and I hope you are able to secure some more appointments, especially as it is beginning to work! That's par for the course I think, give you six, they start to have an effect at about week 3 or 4, then they are stopped. Why cannot it be an on-going thing? They happily churn out pain dullers by the shed load to people (at some expense if the press are to be believed) but something as non-invasive and side-effect free such as this is strictly rationed. Daft. Good luck to you, I hope things continue to ease (and for skezier too). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Hileena :grin:

best of luck with today's acu appointment. :wink: So glad to hear that you've had some benefit from the second one :grin: , especially as you've had a lot of pain for such a long time. :roll:

Fingers crossed for you that you do have more acu appointments to come!

(((hugs)))

Iris xx

ps.. I know exactly what you mean about doing too much as soon as we feel any benefits in joint pain :shock: .... nuts aren't we?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    Im so glad you are getting some benefit from it, it really amazes me how it works, but who cares if it does.
    Good luck with it, and I do hope they offer you more.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi, Well I got my third lot today.....hard to tell yet....seems to be working but tomorrow will tell oif last week is anything to go by.
    He has booked me in for another 3.....he says that will be a session of 6 and will review it then
    Love
    Hileena
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Hileena,
    Oh I do hope you feel the benefit tomorrow. That is good that you have another 3 to come for sure.
    It is great when these things work. Hopefully you will sleep well tonight.
    Lv, Ix
  • kate3
    kate3 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Heleena
    So glad you found acupuncture a help.I was given six free sessions from the pain clinic(max allowed on the NHS) and then I continued to pay privately for 1 a month,after 18 months they seemed to not be so effective..(maybe as you will see from my own post this being the fact that the bones are really rubbing bone on bone, and waiting imminent replacement appointment Yah!!!)
    But the relief and overall wellbeing was certainly worth it.

Kate
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    Hope the accupuncture has worked for you.
    Sorry I missed this thread earlier.
    Glad you have another 3 sessions to come, hope they carry on working.
    take care
    juliepf x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hiya hileena,

I was wondering, do you find it painful when they insert the needles? I was told it can cause pain because of the pressure point release or something like that....?

I hope does help you. I've heard wonderful things about accupuncture and I'm considering it myself but I'm nervous.

Take care.
    Love Sophie xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    How is it going today hileena?

I bet you have been as busy as ever? This will be the test won't it :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi,
    No it doesnt cause pain.....it feels as if you had touched your skin with a pin {not stuck the pin in LOL} the tiniest prick and thats it.
    Its helping the pain but I went up to our village yesterday ...first time in ages because of the bad weather....{I've stuck to our shopping center} I was very disappointed because I couldnt walk very far before I was in pain....dont know whether its beacuse I've not been out walking a lot or not....I'm fine in the house and up and down the stairs all day {well reasonably fine LOL} and in other places but when I went out to walk through the village about 10 mins was the most before i was in pain.
    Love
    Hileena