heart

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 27. Jan 2011, 04:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi am sat here waiting for news on how dad doing, he had to go to doncaster for die into heart to see what the problem is and what has to be done to sort it . went through this just before Christmas with steve's dad now mine i know it there ages but does make you stop and think how important your parents are to you. so to all those whose parents are still with us stop and think make time to spend with them before it to late to enjoy it. it to easy to take them for granted and feel they will always be with us and remember to say we love them so there will be no regrets if the worse comes to pass val
val

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Awww Val I have been there and I know what you are going through......the die will show any blockages or narrowing up...then they can sought it out for him .....sending you and your family all my best wishes and love.
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    thanks it the wait and see gets to you lol hope it all went well for you when you were going through it val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, valval, your poor Pa. I hope it all goes well and that the dye shows up what it needs to so they can help him. Please let us know how he gets on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry val its the way I type things... it was my dad..he had a balloon fitted in his artery and was fine...he died 15 yrs later of something else...like you say your parents are special.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi valval
    I just popped in to say I hope you have news from your dad by now and that I hope all is well
    Juliepf x
  • valval
    Options
    only had message so far but sounds like he needs a tripple bypass that rather a shock
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, valval, that must have been a blow. del is right, it is nowadays a common operation, and can be extremely successful, but it is still a big hurdle to 'jump', for want of a better word. I hope your dad is feeling OK after the tests. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    thanks both of you had convinced my self it would not be that bad lol as he never been in hospital for it lol but do know it much better these days any one know good site for information???
    val
  • valval
    Options
    thanks tinkerbell shock wearing off now
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    It's always a shock, Val, but my dad had a triple bypass and was good for another 20 years after..........and that was not yesterday. Sure it must be even better today with modern methods!

Love
    Annie
  • valval
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    It's always a shock, Val, but my dad had a triple bypass and was good for another 20 years after..........and that was not yesterday. Sure it must be even better today with modern methods!

Love
    Annie
    thanks for that. yes and if he does another 20 years he will be well over 90 lol he could out live me at that rate will do him world of good give him new lease of life
    val
  • valval
    Options
    good morning back to positive today thankyou all for your suport was much apreciated hugs to all val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Sorry Val, I missed this yesterday. I'm sorry to hear that you are having some worries about your Dad. I know two people, both now in their late 80's, who had triple bi-pass operations many years ago. For both of them, it has given them an active life which they couldn't have dreamed possible previously. With modern techniques, the operation should be a great success for your Dad.

Love from Joanxx
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif