Job offer!

Options
seamonkey
seamonkey Member Posts: 323
OOOO,
Ive had a job offer yesterday and when i explained about arthritis they were still keen! such a boost to the system to be wanted. Its in a nursery 2 and an half hours a day 4 days a week. Not much but am sure i could cope with it. Its up untill the summer hols.
I find out on the 8th wether its mine so fingers Xd.
Hope everyone has some good news coming their way soon. :smile:
Seamonkey

Comments

• katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thats fantastic news,congratulations!!!

cathyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    seamonkey! That's fabulous news, I am soooo pleased for you. Arthritis does not define us, they want you for you. It should not be too demanding on the joints (one hopes) it will get you out and about, oh it's lovely to hear some good news for a change. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi Seamonkey
    Fab news! I'm delighted for you! Fingers crossed (some hope with my twisted claws!) hope it all goes well for you Poppy X
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi seamonkey

Well done you and I hope it all works out ok for you without too much payback. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Take care
    Chris
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Seamonkey
    That is really fab news! I hope it goes really well for you xx
    NB
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Seamonkey that is great news. A chance to utilise your skills, earn a little extra and plenty of time to rest inbetween.

Have fun!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • seamonkey
    Options
    Thankyou all for your kind wishes. I will let you know when ive started and how i go. Im keeping fingers xd too.
    X seamonkey
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hey thats great news :smile:
    Good Luck
    & keep us posted
    Maria x
  • seamonkey
    Options
    ****!
    Job gone. just didnt see fit to tell me! never mind got supply next week in a diff school. Just hope body manages to keep going.
    Hope every1 doing well,
    thanks for all the support
    Seamonkey
  • bumache
    bumache Member Posts: 22
    Options
    hi seamonkey,
    I'm sorry you didnt get the job, it sounded really promising too. It always makes me wonder whether equal opportunities really are - at the end of the day they always say sorry you didnt fit the criteria. Anyway, hope you have better luck soon. x
  • maria09
    Options
    Poor you!
    Keep trying there is a job out there just for you
    Oh & dont forget you were too good for that job :!:
    Maria x
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Seamonkey

Sorry I have only just caught up with this one. What a let down after they seemed keen. I hope there is something better waiting for you, don't give up.
    take care
    Chris
  • seamonkey
    Options
    Thanks all,
    I have got a full weeks work next week at a school in the nursery dept. Ive been berfore and its great. This will be the first time with my crutch though and im really dreading it. I was at my evening work last night for first time since signed off, went ok was tired and today im quite sore. Just hope i can hold out for full week next week. Getting house sorted this weekend so i dont have too much to do when i am home oh yea and trying to sort childcare. It really is a nightmare sometimes trying to work and family i bow down to those that hold down a full time job and raise kids. I dont have proper childcare, none about just fitting them in around our hours is hard. Who picking which child up at what time etc. Keeps us busy though. My wages are detinately needed though, this past 3 weeks proved that! Seamonkey X
  • maria09
    Options
    Hi,
    Hows the job going?
    It is hard juggling kids & work luckily my mum looked after mine otherwise I would have had to have given up work
    Its easier now they are teenagers they look after me :smile:
    Keep safe Maria x
  • seamonkey
    Options
    Hi maria
    thanks for the enquiry, job lasted a day as lady who was off sick returned early! Then the management team said they wouldnt be using me again as im an insurance risk! Ive been back docs who signed me off for 4 weeks, this means i cant do my evening work either and as i get no sick pay to say im worried about finances is an understatement.
    Weve tightened the purse strings accordingly and as long as we come out of this not owing anyone anything well be fine.
    Hope you are doing fine.
    all the best
    seamonkey
  • maria09
    Options
    Poor you
    It just seems so unfair
    Keep your chin up
    Maria x
  • seamonkey
    Options
    Chin well and truely up. :smile:
    You are indeed lucky that your mem had your children while you worked. My family dont live near us and its been ahrd going juggling work when OH not at his work. Kids are getting older so its getting easier. Just need a job now! :roll:
    Seamonkey
  • maria09
    Options
    Keep looking there is 1 out there somewhre!
    Im lucky to have the same job for 28yrs but its a struggle as Ive had to reduce my hours & only worl 2 days a week
    But health is more important than money but it would sure help to have a bit more
    Maria x