Bras

lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 26. Jan 2011, 17:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
I went shopping into our town centre with hubby the other day. He wanted to buy some novels and needed at least an hour to browse so he dropped me at M&S so I could look around at my own pace and treat myself to something. :grin:

On the spur of the moment I decided to go and have a proper bra fitting …..something I've never done before in my 52 years. No appointment was necessary and I told them I'd need help undressing/dressing :oops: :oops: so I was allotted 2 very nice assistants to help me. I must have tried on a dozen bras and with each style I had a go to make sure I'd be able to fasten them the 'Legs' way (at the front then spin it round:roll: ).

For the first time I'm wearing bras which are extremely comfortable and I can fasten without too much struggle (it's always a bit of a fight with my weak hands and elastic :roll:) and as an added bonus I walked in the shop a tidy little 34B and left bouncing along a whopping 36D :shock: :shock: ........without surgery :lol::lol:

My hubby thinks he has a new woman! :wink:
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    A frighteningly high number of women wear the wrong sized bra, and it's amazing how you can be one size in one shop and a totally different size in another. I am glad you are pleased with your new - how do I put this delicately? - chesticles. :grin: DD (who can be a 38F, a 38G or a 40E/F/G - but don't tell the Underkeeper - he's far too young for such matters!)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    delboy wrote:
    Mind you don't over balance :grin:

Don't worry Del I'm wearing a counterbalance :wink::lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    edited 26. Jan 2011, 13:08
    swimsuit04.gif

I wish
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    .........(who can be a 38F, a 38G or a 40E/F/G - but don't tell the Underkeeper - he's far too young for such matters!)

I think you're just bragging now DD :wink::lol::lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • dreamdaisy
    They are the bane of my life. I loathe them with passion. Hatethemhatethemhatethem. HATE THEM! DD
  • dreamdaisy
    delboy! Well really, I'm surprised at you! (not) :smile: DD
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi legs,

oh flower a comfortable bra... do they exist?! i do mine up that way so its not just the legs way :lol::lol:

I don't bother with one mostly now.... I kinda lucky that gravity isn't as unkind in some ways as it has been in others...... Mind i find it hurts the shoulders and well less i have to i don't much bother... always knew the muscles would come in handy one day :lol::lol::lol: used to do a huge amount of lifting and d still do a fair old bit :lol::lol:

Glad you found something 'useful' flower..... hey does that mean they are big thick straps and back bit/ i like light weight....

Luv

Cris who never reveals sizes either :wink: xxx
  • lindalegs
    delboy wrote:
    Is that your ****, only joking :lol:

You been looking????????????? :wink:
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    skezier wrote:
    Hi legs,

oh flower a comfortable bra... do they exist?! i do mine up that way so its not just the legs way :lol::lol:

I don't bother with one mostly now....................
    Glad you found something 'useful' flower..... hey does that mean they are big thick straps and back bit/ i like light weight....

Luv Cris who never reveals sizes either :wink: xxx

Suppose it's gotta to be called arthur's way then Cris 'cos I bet we're not the only two. :roll:

I have to bother Cris especially now mine are sooooooooooo big :shock: ......that's me bragging now :lol:

No thick straps, lightweight, lacy and pretty :grin::grin:

Luv Legs who's thinking of changing her name to Boobs :wink::lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi legs,

well i ain't calling you boobs :lol::lol::lol:

if its lightweight and not one of those horrible clunky thick 3 fastener things i might see one day if there is a comfortable one out there :lol::lol:

i doubt we are the only 2 flower... its the only way to do half the time......

Did you have to go to a proper shop or was it just an ordinary one? Might be better than my 3 pound specials eh?! :lol::lol::lol:

Luv

Cris who isn't that small just lucky :lol::lol: xx
  • lindalegs
    skezier wrote:
    Hi legs,......Did you have to go to a proper shop or was it just an ordinary one? Might be better than my 3 pound specials eh?! :lol::lol::lol:

Luv Cris who isn't that small just lucky :lol::lol: xx

I went to Marks and Spencers Cris ........I think that's a proper shop :grin:

Luv Legs with Boobs :lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x