mike update about car lessons

Options
mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 28. Jan 2011, 10:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
:smile::smile: Well they seem to be coming along nicely . just did reverse parking into a bay at a shopping centre , the instructor is very pleased with me , so I think coming march I should be able to sit my driving test ( unless I dont pass the theory) it has cost me this week £80.00 in taxi fares to the hospital and when I need to go to the health centre it costs me £8.00 in taxi fares so I cant wait to be able to drive there myself.

The instructor cant hold me back or Can he :?: :?: :?:
Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    good luck keep it up val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Reverse parking, eh :?: I'm impressed, Mike :!: :grin: Well done :!: I was always rubbish at reversing ( still am :!: :shock: )

The way that the cost of fuel is going up, it will cost a lot of money to drive anywhere soon though. ( sorry to put a damper on your enthusiasm.)

Good luck with the driving anyway :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Glad its going well for you
    Fingers crossed for march
    juliepf :smile:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You are getting the hang of this driving malarkey, aren't you Mike? When do you hope to sit the theory part? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Mike you are doing so well. I so agree about the associated costs of taxi, hospital visits and not too mention the inconvenience of waiting for said taxi to arrive. You will also be able to pick up Mike Junior when you need to. And you don't have to rely on the more expensive local shops for your groceries.
    I am really excited for you. Remind me what car you have got through mobility.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    Nice one Mike, you seem to be making progress. It sounds like the instructor is getting on with it a bit. From now on , you should be starting to see the end of the tunnel. Alanthemanc
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Well done you Mike!!

I reckon you should put in for your theory now? They last 2 years,(?) once you've passed them so no need to wait till you are ready for the practical.

Love

Toni xx